DeSantis wants to turn a debate into a rally

Originally published at: DeSantis wants to turn a debate into a rally | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I figured Newsom was probably going to run in 2028 but this seems pretty early to start the campaign.

8 Likes

Maybe he is running for Governor in Florida.

4 Likes

I mean, I kinda do. Assuming the rules and format are same and Hannity isn’t the moderator, I’d love to see Newsom publicly behead this clown.

11 Likes

MAGAs will just say Newsom lost.

9 Likes

Yeah, but they say that about literally anything. I think there are a lot of voters who are unaware or vaguely aware of Newsom and Dems need to differentiate themselves from the GQP at every opportunity. It’s clear that the press is going to continue both-sidesing us into fascism, so the more that progressive leadership can break through the better. I don’t think The Good Liars are getting us very far.

13 Likes

It’s ghoulish, but there is a non-zero chance that Biden does not end up being the Democratic nominee next year. If that happens and the party has to scramble to fill the ticket, Newsom would probably like to be on the short list and appear ready to step in.

Personally I’d much prefer JB Pritzker in that scenario, but to each his own.

4 Likes

I liked this brutal response from a Newsom spokesperson:

19 Likes

DeSantis wants to give the appearance of being interested in debating, but then make it so nobody in their right mind would agree to the terms, and then he can frame it as a victory: “They’re scared of me!”

9 Likes

DeSantis: “Please clap.”

5 Likes

I saw this today and it made me laugh.

7 Likes

… Biden will probably campaign until November 2024, but there is also the possibility that he’ll withdraw for health reasons or something

These things happen

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.