Details around the income of Chief Justice Roberts’ wife raise more ethical red flags at the Supreme Court

And I guess my point is look at the false equivalency created by the mainstream media and how difficult it was to drag them back to the point that the orange guy taking documents was the much, much worse issue. You are correct, and I agree, that we shouldn’t make equivalence between two things that aren’t. But what I’m saying is, can we please, please get in front of it so it doesn’t have to be the top headline of CNN for a week while Republicans take advantage of free airtime? Having the moral high ground is great, but I’d also like to have the moral high ground while not being in a labor camp somewhere.

sounds like you are ready for an exciting career in investigative journalism!

we can only control what we can control, which is to say nothing. we can hold fast to what’s right, and to the truth of the situation, and work from there

in the long term that will matter more than what the talking heads think or say

3 Likes

So you think Democrats should work tirelessly day and night to create their own false equivalence, to find the slightest scrap of malfeasance committed by one of their own before they can point out the glaring, known, obvious corruption on the part of Republicans? (And that’s corruption, by the way, not fecklessness or peccadilloes.)

The way to “get in front of it” is to hammer the Repugs day and night, news cycle after news cycle, so they have no time to do anything but try and explain where all that money came from and why it’s acceptable.

You want to stay out of a labor camp? Maybe learn how the game is played.

12 Likes

Remember that time the Democrats were going after pedophiles and abusers and serial sexual harassers in the legislature and then it turned out that Senator Al Franken had some problematic and unprofessional conduct in his past, so they pressured him to step down even though he wasn’t accused of anything nearly as awful as the stuff the Republican legislators and candidates had been doing?

The Democratic party isn’t free of people who do bad things, but they are far, FAR less likely to condone their fellow Democrats’ misdeeds than Republicans are. THAT’s the fucking difference.

16 Likes

I doubt the republican strategists are not doing their damnest to come up with some slimey things that the liberal leaning judges have done, but since NOTHING has come out in the press:

a - the liberal leaning judges are not doing scumbag stuff like Roberts, Thomas, etc

or

b - the Republicans who have discovered this are keeping it secret.

Hmm…

7 Likes

:raised_hand: Ooh! Ooh! I know! It’s a, isn’t it?

5 Likes

And for the record if (say) Sotomayor had some serious conflicts of interest related to undisclosed real estate deals I would want her to be held accountable too.

8 Likes

So, that’s the problem then… not the Democrats.

If the media is the problem, how do you suggest that happens?

This plays right into the GOP narrative about corruption among Democrats, of course.

Tv Land Teacher GIF by Teachers on TV Land

5 Likes

Conservatives: BIG DEAL! It’s not a crime to make money, f$%king communists!

Also conservatives: Hunter Biden!!!

5 Likes

well, since people were wondering, here’s what democrats do when they’ve committed an ethical lapse

would that republicans would do the same. ( of course, if they did, there’d be vanishingly few republicans in office )

( eta: i mean ffs, george santos is still clinging to his seat despite everything. not to mention the supreme court corruption, the insurrectionists in office, and so on )

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.