Losing a court fight, Marjorie Taylor Greene complains about actual repercussions for her actions impacting her personally

Originally published at: Losing a court fight, Marjorie Taylor Greene complains about actual repercussions for her actions impacting her personally | Boing Boing

24 Likes

There’s a perfect gif, but it’s melzimatic’s perogative…

20 Likes

Hopefully hefty lawyer fees on top. Though she might have gone the fool for a lawyer route.

57 Likes

Don’t worry, she’ll keep trying. Her kind never learn.

12 Likes

Grumpy Cat Annoyed Face GIF

GOOD.

36 Likes

I thought that she was paying her fines out of her campaign funds, but if they take the money straight out of her paycheck, as she says, that has me wondering - can she use campaign funds for her personal living expenses? My understanding of the law is she can’t. Does she have other income? Is she going to subsequently fall afoul of campaign finance laws as a result of her refusing to follow these rules? (It would be delicious if that was something she got hit with, in addition to facing the consequences of all her other traitorous bullshit.)

Edit: I guess she still owns her construction company, so presumably that’s her income? She’s reportedly been making bad investments (e.g. Trump’s social media venture), so she might not have the income she did before she entered office. If she’s racking up fines faster than her salary can cover them, is she going to end up with negative salary at this point, or does that just mean she gets to flout the rule with no additional consequences?

The story has a link to another story, where she does the complaining:

28 Likes

She claims she’s “working for free” but that assumes she’s actually, y’know, working, which I seriously doubt.

49 Likes

well… not with all these russian sanctions in place

53 Likes

She’s sitting in Congress (sometimes) being an ass for no money!

14 Likes

I’m sure her buddy old buddy L.B. can just loan her some of the money she made from selling tainted pork sliders.

10 Likes

Rep. Greene complained to Alex Jones that she has lost her entire congressional salary due to her refusal to comply with the mask mandate on the House floor. Each violation of the mask mandate costs Greene $2,500.

9 Likes

The first sentence of the blockquote.

16 Likes

Maybe Bobo can just give her the

7 Likes

She is working! Working against democracy, working against sanity, working for white supremist. I could go on but it gets depressing.

21 Likes

Well, I cannot deny that she’s spending a lot of energy blithering her mouth toward those ends ¯\(ツ)

13 Likes

It’s not about learning, it’s all a grift.

9 Likes

My fault!

4 Likes

go away ruby rod GIF

22 Likes

Obligs:

34 Likes

That reminds me: it’s been a long time since I heard the GOP call itself the “party of personal responsibility”.

38 Likes