Detaining immigrants is big business

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/31/detaining-immigrants-is-big-bu.html

Detaining immigrants is big business

Well, that’s a shock. It is almost as though Corporate America is morally bankrupt.

23 Likes

Making money off of the misery of others is the preferred way to make money. Otherwise how would you know who was beneath you?

/s

9 Likes

Human trafficking

13 Likes

See, this is why I take claims that Trump is mainly funded by small individual donations as a dubious claim that needs double-checked.

10 Likes

How long till the administration spins this as job creation?

3 Likes

Wait, this just dawned on me. We pay big money to imprison people, and then the prisons rent out the prisoners and profit again? Betsy DeVos must be green with envy!

10 Likes

And even better, from the “emproyer’s” point of view, they don’t have to worry about pensions or anything; as they can just deport their workforce when they get too old to work.

6 Likes

Along these lines, I think the real reason trump is demanding the border wall is because he’s made promises to certain construction-related “legitimate businesses” who stand to get a piece of the funding. Recall that at first he wasn’t going to force a shutdown over the wall, then he changed his mind. I think somebody reminded him of the deals he’s made.

5 Likes

The story was that the feedback from his base via Fox News wasn’t happy without the wall.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

3 Likes

27f4pa

2 Likes

3 Likes

With the rights of a human, but only financially accountable. If ever.

1 Like

I had no idea they were being used a labor. That’s it. The U.S. is slave state which abducts foreigners to become slave labor. How else could one see this?

The 13th says they have to have been duly convicted. Why aren’t minimum wage laws in effect here? As I understand it, no one in these centers has been duly convicted of a crime.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.