Portland hotel magnate withdraws overt Trump donation, funnels $1M through front companies instead

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/21/gordon-sondland.html

3 Likes

I went to a conference at Hotel Lucia years ago. The only good thing I can say about them is that they played dubstep in the lobby.

4 Likes

What are they afraid of?
Trump has overwhelming support, he told me so himself.

7 Likes

Fucking coward. Worse than O’Reilly. At least you knew where you stood with him.

3 Likes

You can’t blame the guy. Corporations are people- they have minds of their own. They decided where to send their money.

If anything, he should be worthy of sympathy for how they abused him after he publicly stated he didn’t support Trump.

1 Like

You know what I don’t get? People are spending boodles of money to buy influence with Trump, but he doesn’t seem to be able to do a thing, and it’s looking like his days are numbered now.

7 Likes

How could anyone in good conscience spend in the US economy right now?

3 Likes

Apparently the popular approach was using front companies to funnel money to Trump for his inauguration (wink, wink ). Trump raised twice what Obama did for his, but, whereas Obama had big events and used a good chunk of that money for other things like the Easter egg hunt, etc., Trump had nothing to show for it. So what happened to all of Trump’s “inauguration” money?

4 Likes

Strange, isn’t it? If two human beings want to get together and form a family, legal recognition of this is subject to debate and interpretation and a whole lot of controversy.

But if someone wants to create a legal fiction for fraud or for obfuscation, it’s an entirely different story. “Let me rubber stamp that for you!”, says the government.

12 Likes

Let’s start a “Protect the Sanctity of Incorporation” movement! These shell companies are a threat to traditional corporations!

4 Likes

Bravo sleuths!!!

Now to crowdsource a sense of shame for these monsters…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.