DeVos' Civil Rights Office appointee opposes civil rights

19 Likes

Every day is Opposite Day to trump n’ friends

1 Like

Trump said, “What have you got to lose?” I think we are about to find out.

5 Likes

[quote=“jawevofoy, post:25, topic:99144, full:true”]In fact, what if there were two people that are exactly the same in terms of IQ, income, every indicator that you can measure, but one is white and one is black.
[/quote]

Right after I find me a spherical cow.

12 Likes

Like the old saying goes, “you never know what you have until it’s gone.”

2 Likes

Let me save you some trouble: no, we probably can’t. It’s the sort of thing very hard to explain to someone committed to not knowing, and you just showed you won’t even listen to as much as “google it”. If you get to the point where you have genuine questions instead of your own answers, then we could help.

20 Likes

Ah, this old gem. Can’t be bothered to articulate an answer, tell someone to google it. Why even have discussions at all? People can just google everything.

I told you postmodernism was dangerous stuff, kids. Now look at this mess.

11 Likes

Hear that one a lot, do you?

20 Likes

You can’t be bothered discerning between systemic bias and individual situations.

Affirmative action is an intentional systemic bias designed to counter an unjust systemic bias. It’s meant to get results at the population level.

Nobody’s proposing to fix everything for everyone. Because that’s like, an impossible standard.

22 Likes

A-ha! Then you admit affirmative action is reverse racism. And why is there no Miss White America?

Double checkmate.

6 Likes

We’ve been having these conversations for decades now, and it’s not our job to educate you on that history. If you really wanted to answer it instead of snarkily implying that racism isn’t really a thing, maybe you’d educate yourself.

7 Likes

Apparently it’s at least two weeks old: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/06/op-ed-recommendation-why-whit.html

1 Like

Patiently awaiting the follow-up question about why they can’t say the N-word when all those uppity black folk are allowed to say it.

4 Likes

11 Likes

In SONGS no less… well if you can call “rap” music, that is! /s

2 Likes

I have people like this in my family. They’re white, educated, and wealthy Christians, and the latest conversation I had with them was all about how they were upset about their tax dollars being spent on programs that didn’t agree with their religion. How these people can then turn around and complain about Sharia Law is still a level of cognitive dissonance that disturbs me. And it’s not the war-making that turns them off, no. Naturally, it’s the abortions (which don’t receive federal funds anyway) and other social programs.
All of which leads me more and more to the thought that Willy T. Sherman should’ve tried harder to dissuade Southerners of their support for the traitorous South.

6 Likes

You must remember, if you acknowledge that some people are racist in a conversation you are calling the person you are talking to racist. /s

5 Likes

Making you the REAL racist! /s

6 Likes

So how long do trump/sessions wait before they close the Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights? I’m a little surprised that Sessions hasn’t already replaced it with the Office for Helping White Folks.

It sure would be nice to send these fucking assholes packing in 2018. And by “packing” I mean “Impeached”.

5 Likes