DHS announces 'Task Force to Protect American Monuments, Memorials, and Statues'

That was so quick that makes one wonder if his Covid-19 inaction was a byproduct of his idiocy or deliberate: this guy just showed that he cares more about monuments than his own people health.

There was never any Homeland Security stuff to be doing.

8 Likes

You do have some, but since they are fascists and the DHS and the White House has been infiltrated by them they are unlikely to do anything.

I don’t think they would be much better if they were filled with Democrats either.

8 Likes

Well, considering the rest of the world is quarantining the US and I doubt domestic flights are doing that well, a big part of their business just dried up.

6 Likes

As a sculptor I’m all for taking care of monuments. I hate the idea of melting down all those wonderfully executed works of art. But as an American™ I strongly disagree with protecting the monuments to those traitors who waged war on the United States in the name of slavery. My issue is what to do with the statues after they have been removed (and yes, they need to go).

6 Likes

First one to suggest a statue of that asshole gets punched. You read it here first.

6 Likes

Meh - a lot of those monuments were mass produced. You aren’t really losing anything artistic.

8 Likes

“inflitrated?” The White House etc. are them!

8 Likes

If it’s going to get pissed on anyway, update this concept:

(Add some accommodation for the squatters.)

13 Likes

Trump also cares more about monuments to those who waged war against the U.S. Military than the lives of actual U.S. Military members killed at the behest of the Russian government.

12 Likes

I prefer to honor generals who weren’t traitorous racist losers.

17 Likes

I’m sure the Whitehouse will be trying to get #bronzeinanimateobjectsmattereventhecheapassbronzeplatedonesoftraitors to trend

5 Likes

https://www.presidentsusa.net/nixonrapidcity.html

Besides, there are plaques with his name on them on the descent stages of Apollo 11 and Apollo 17, arguably making them monuments to Nixon’s presidency.
I’d be up to remove or alter them if someone arranges transportation.

5 Likes

My point was it wasn’t them until 2017

2 Likes

Department of Homeland Security: you break a statue, we’re going to cup EVERYONE’S balls!!!

2 Likes

Statues are more important than human beings. Got it.

6 Likes

Evidently statutes to confederate traitors are more important than protecting US troops

11 Likes

About the best thing Trump could do to protect his future legacy is to make arrangements for burial in an unmarked grave.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Punched with a bag of thermite…

2 Likes