DHS official says he was told to stop providing intel on Russian attacks as it 'made President [Trump] look bad'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/09/dhs-official-says-he-was-told.html

2 Likes

But everything makes Trump look bad.

21 Likes

I didn’t know it was DHS’s job to try to make the president look good.
I was under the impression DHS’s role is to violate everyone’s 4th amendment rights to try and pretend that they’re keeping us safe.

31 Likes

More accurately, Trump IS bad but blames everything except himself for making him look that way.

15 Likes

It’s just, you know, light that makes him look bad.

12 Likes

So, a trump loyalty test.

13 Likes

We shouldn’t be too hard on ourselves. Until the other day we didn’t know it was the Justice Dept’s job to be the president’s personal lawyer.

29 Likes

I was going to say “What doesn’t?” :woman_shrugging:t3:

9 Likes

Adam Schiff gets busy:

https://intelligence.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=1054

8 Likes

Apparently, it’s the DoJ’s job to defend Trumps right to disparage E Jean Carroll, so why not?

10 Likes

All the different reports we see every day that clearly expose Trump as a craven corrupt fool . . always remember that the loyal Fox News viewer sees very little of that, or if they see any of it they also get a dose of excuses and wild conspiracy to explain it all away, followed by breathless sycophantic praise of the great job he’s doing.

4 Likes

There is no c, n or n in rural.

5 Likes

This has me wondering what 2021 will be like if Trump manages to get re-elected (although almost certainly losing the popular vote again) but the Senate is flipped and Democrats retain control of the House. The most epic impeachment hearing of all time. The list of crimes is so long it would be hard to cover them all.

9 Likes

9 Likes

Wakko could songify the list of crimes.

13 Likes

9 Likes

That’s Yacko.

Wakko did the states.

12 Likes

Oh yeah.

14 Likes

Same guy:

If cognitive dissonance released radiation, this guy’s face would have melted already.

6 Likes

Oooh! 5% of me thinks that would almost be worth it! But then we’d end up with fucking Pence which would only cement the end of the great experiment.

5 Likes