Dickhead's anti-yoga-pants letter to the editor sparks yoga-pants-parade

And does that indeed sound ridiculous when written out like that.
And does that happen just so, more often than most people want to know. In various variations, like the op. Cheap even: ‘modulation, lalala, variation’.

3 Likes

One:

Contrary to all the jokes about hot dogs and ketchup, I don’t actually eat that crap.

Lemon chicken sausage, or Go Home.

Two:

Most restaurants that I frequent would not permit entrance to a man in a speedo, period.

Three:

Yes, it’s really that simple.

Personally, I can ignore just about anyone unless they invade my personal space or physically touch me. Sorry if it’s more difficult for you; but then again, I’ve had decades of practice.

Like it or not, we don’t get to control how others dress unless, as stated several times previously, it’s some sort of health/safety issue. (Not even if it’s garishly ugly or unappealing to our own personal aesthetic. )

The world does not revolve around our tastes and preferences.

That’s just how it is, and now I’m done with this particular tangent, and getting back on topic.

Dude is a dick. That is all.

16 Likes

At the Hindu Temple here, they were wearing white tunics and baggy white pants when I was visiting. But I think that was probably cultural, based on the part of India they came from. As far as I can tell there aren’t any set costumes for real yoga.

7 Likes

OK, that aspect of the message I have zero quarrel with(not that it requires my approval). It just seemed a bit curious juxtaposed with an entertainment industry figure(and I don’t think that I’ve ever heard the song, so I didn’t know she was selected for that reason); since they both are there for your entertainment when on the clock and (since it’s their job; and thus gets broken down financially in a way that it doesn’t for most other people) such figures are likely to be quite well aware of how being there for somebody’s entertainment is work, of the sort that demands ‘compensation’.

The public at large isn’t there for your entertainment; but also doesn’t necessarily get the clarity of perspective on just how presumptuous people assuming that they are is, since they don’t know the market price of getting someone to agree to be entertaining.

3 Likes

I need to introduce Popo some of my friends, who claim I hold that title.

I like to hang out with giants so I look petite, and stand next to my friend Johann so I look unscarred. Everything’s relative!*

* except the speed of light in a vacuum. Carp, I’m doing it again.

7 Likes

Obligs;

It’s a very relevant song for this topic:

7 Likes

I’ve eaten my lunch at a clothing-optional campout a few feet from a 60-something man with a very large genital piercing. So yeah, I just don’t look at it. At least, not after the initial glance at what really was a truly impressive piece of penis jewelry.

21 Likes

Consider my ‘morbid curiosity’ piqued…

4 Likes

Rrriight, because you’re totally the type of shrinking violet who would meekly put up with a scantily-clad pervert leering at you while you’re trying to eat.

Okay, I’m done with the tangent also.

Well, that made me snortle. Well played!

And yes, women are practiced to the point of being adept at ignoring soooooo muuuuuch.

9 Likes

Curiosity killed the cat. :wink: But I have probably thrown more than one peek, just to see whats to be seen. But it would not have spoiled my meal.

8 Likes

This isn’t about me… or you.

It’s about Alan Sorrentino and the Yoga Pants March he inspired, because he doesn’t get to dictate what other people wear.

15 Likes

It was a large hoop. His nipples were pierced to match. I’m not totally sure if it was pierced through the head or further back, as it was many years ago and one doesn’t stare at events like that.

Edit: (cause I was trying to type on my phone): I’ve only been to clothing-optional events a few times, but for my part I’d say it’s actually a relief from the sort of crap women get in regular public life. Boundaries are strictly enforced and harassment isn’t tolerated. One year, a guy kept trying to hit on me after I’d politely turned him down. When I left the public area to go to my tent, he started to follow me and was immediately stopped by two other men who made it clear that this was not done.

17 Likes

I thought we’d established that this was a tangent. Nobody is standing up for Alan Sorrentino here.

1 Like

First off, kudos for the well painted picture there. Second … yeah I’m with you, that’s a violation of most dress codes. And he’d be shown the door of whatever establishment he’s in. This is a non-issue.

I never said it won’t affect anyone else. In extreme circumstances, you speak to management. That’s what management is there for. If there is no management to speak to, call the cops.

4 Likes

Darling, we wear yoga pants because they’re comfortable. I don’t give a shit what I look like in them.

20 Likes

Firstly, this guy has received death threats(!). Death and rape threateners – it’d be fitting and just for these trolls’ heads to continue up their own asses until they wink out of existence (Daryl Van Horne-at-the-end-of-The-Witches-of-Eastwick-style, whimpered mewling included.) (the movie, natch.)

On to a.s.(s): Your so-called satire is weak. Whether it’s as a walk back, or as actual satire. The only possible evidence to support your claim is the “anyone over 20” as being too “mature”. I think few would say that out loud, many assholes probably think it, but few assholes would actually say or write it.

But even IF it was a crappy, crappy satire, there’s enough of such things being said and written already. Similar to what you wrote and worse. None of us need to hear anymore of this bullshit! Even the little ones, the “just kidding, can’t you take a joke” ones. Little nips here, little nips there, discouraging women (in this context) from feeling comfortable in our own skin.

The march was baby-bear juuust right – especially raising funds for their local domestic violence shelter. Mos. def. righteous! I just hope that everyone pointed their posteriors in the direction of his house and Lululemooned the hell out of him every time they downward dogged and forward bended! (But also took time to 180 before Garland posing in his honor — “Full Bush Just For You!” from the women. “What Religion Am I?” from the men.

6 Likes

Nah, let the obvious socks stay.

@Godagesil_Rex & @gnipgnop :

Welcome to Boing Boing.

11 Likes

this is a very American problem, the first time I was made aware of this was a try guys video

8 Likes

#People need to listen to this

#Don’t support hate

1 Like