Did Donald Trump's racist tweets violate federal laws against workplace discrimination?

6 Likes

Well, they’ll never impeach him over this, but look - now we have a legitimate claim with Twitter that Trump broke Federal Law using Twitter and his account must be closed. Frankly I think it would hurt him more to take away his twitter than put him through a failed impeachment. I still think we should impeach him, but we should hurt him as much as possible too.

Twitter won’t do it voluntarily - have to sue them.

4 Likes

Twitter shuts down Tramp. Tramp orders confiscation of the business, installs White Boys to manage things. Life goes on.

you see, trump attempting to nationalize a business like twitter would be a fantastic outcome of this

6 Likes

That’s a pretty misleading headline, I think. Kellyanne Conway is a filthy liar, but to me the headline suggests she was going to refuse to answer the reporter’s question if he was the “wrong” ethnicity. That’s not what she was up to.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this administration will probably follow the same playbook used when Reagan showed signs of Alzheimer’s.

3 Likes

She was literally being a stupid dumbass and parroting back. She’s only marginally better than tRump at thinking and talking at the same time, and she’s really in a bind since she has to somehow pretend she herself isn’t a huge racist.

You don’t make people think you’re not a racist by asking what ethnicity or race they are when being adversarial in answering questions. It makes you look extra racist.

7 Likes

Like they could successfully keep trump from busting out and making it obvious. It’s not like the 1980s anymore. You can’t just media blackout the president. You can’t fucking secure the president’s phone.

6 Likes

How can rational people get his followers to care? They eat up everything he says with a spoon, whether or not he makes any sense.

1 Like

You can’t reason people out of a position they didn’t reason themselves into.

What’s really good is that this will disable tRump faster and faster, and then he’ll start having accidents that make him look weak and sick and broken. That’s really the thing that’ll kill him.

When he starts shitting his pants on stage and doesn’t understand what people are saying then needs handlers to physically clean him up. When he starts falling down. When he starts drooling on himself. When he starts talking about how “my wife Ivana is a model! Who’s this woman?” That’ll be when they realize they need a new strong man.

I can’t wait to see his neurodegeneracy really take hold.

4 Likes

Democratic lawmaker introduces articles of impeachment against Trump.

1 Like

Yes. But it isn’t exactly sarcasm, so an /s didn’t seem right. Not sure how to tag that.

Some might suggest /Doctorow, but his headlines seem to have lost that Je ne sais quoi recently. Or maybe reality has exceeded them.

1 Like

I have a very bad feeling about this.

3 Likes

Granted. She sucks.

1 Like

Unfortunately the answer regarding violation of the 14th Amendment and “Hostile Work Place” is not so simple.

In a landmark Supreme Court Case regarding whether the President can be sued for his actions while President ( Nixon v. Fitzgerald) the Court essentially ruled that the President is entitled to absolute immunity from acts he commits while President if Congress has not passed a law that would subject the President to civil liability. The rational is that 1, the Constitution gives him great power, but 2, the President would be distracted from running the country effectively if he were being sued all of the time.

The only recourse is for congress to pass a law stating that expressly states “The president can be sued if doing X” or impeachment. So the President can call the members of “The Squad” the most vile names and cannot be sued for it.

Not to mention they would have to file a charge of discrimination with the EEOC, then the EEOC would have to investigate before the Congresswomen could take the issue to court. It would take years for the EEOC to complete its investigation due to the Executive Branch’s immense power.

1 Like

Capitol Hill isn’t a legislative workplace. Legislators aren’t employees; they’re bosses, with paid staffs. Tramp is pulling all sorts of vile shit, but this ain’t part of it.

Step back. GOPs who don’t denounce Tramp’s racism out themselves as racist piggies. We know their names.

1 Like

Also: still racist even if he had.

3 Likes

No, his racist tirade was not against the law. It was against four elected representatives to the US Congress. They do not work directly for the president or for any agency in the executive branch, which I believe the law in question addresses. Were his tweets reprehensible? Yes. Did they somehow break the law? No, I don’t think so.

Do they amount to actions unbefitting of office? Yes, absolutely. Is that impeachable? Yes, I think it is.

2 Likes

Yep. It’s too bad only 4 house republicans think what he did was in any way wrong.

6 Likes

And after so many of them bravely Tweeted condemnations of his behaviour.

Lukewarm condemnations, sure, but…

Condemnations basically phrased as “he may be a racist but at least he’s not a Communist”, but…

2 Likes