Did you ever want to play questions?

“Some students showed an interest in learning things today, anything weird happen to you?”

4 Likes

Doesn’t it make the most sense for multiple choice? Isn’t it statistically improbable that you could mark answers down for 100 questions and get them all wrong without knowing the answers?

1 Like

“At Caltech, one of the textbooks used for a physics class was authored by Prof Feynman. Caltech uses an honor system and the exams are take-home exams. The instructions for the exam read: “You have three hours. You may use your class notes and Feynman.” The student took the exam to Feynman’s office, and he agreed that the instructions included him as a valid resource. Feynman completed the exam in half an hour and the student got a perfect score. Starting the following year the exam instructions were much more restrictive.” - apparently. Was it you that shared this story here anyway?

4 Likes

Yes? That’s what I meant? Also you could achieve the effect by answering questions incorrectly in such a way as to indicate knowledge, hence my question?

2 Likes

Am I trying my best to convey I understood what you meant, while answering in questions?

1 Like

Not me, but basically the same hack?

1 Like

Why were my profs so much more devious? Did I not get timed exams where we were allowed to bring in any reference material we wanted, because the time it would take to look up information was factored in?

1 Like

Related - haven’t I learnt never to ask questions about team building/ business management exercises at work, because it only limits your options?

Like the one that gave us a Lego model of a helicopter in a room, then asked us to go into another room with Lego pieces, from which we were allowed to leave one team member at a time, to look at the reference model of the helicopter, then return to the team room to build a a replica - was it my fault it didn’t say I couldn’t take the Lego with me when I went to look? Didn’t they have to change the rules after me?

(And how many people from the other team had to come and go before they noticed what I was doing?

5 Likes

Who wouldn’t want you on their team? :slight_smile:

Is the point of those abstract games to win, or to learn something?

(Or is it to make the instructors look silly and demonstrate my contempt for the process?)

5 Likes

All of the above, if played correctly?

2 Likes

Did you know that “ichi” is Japanese for “one”? How confused was I, until I followed your link?

4 Likes

Honest question–have I been going too nuts? I am trying to construct jokes, mostly meta and surreal, but are they hitting or missing?

Perhaps, Coming off too strong may be a better descriptor than nuts?

You’re fine, I especially liked the, what should I call them, Justices Raps?

Have you seen this?

2 Likes

Wrong thread?

1 Like

Aw, does some n00b not understand male power fantasy?

2 Likes

Poor ATL Kitteh?

1 Like

Does anyone do polyphasic sleep? If so, how does that work out for you?

Holy crap, is that GoT thread still going, with 80 more posts since last night? Do I dare look, or just ignore it?

1 Like