Did you ever want to play questions?

Isn’t all that totally awesome?

Who wants to help me peel taters?

Bueller?

1 Like

Is it bad that the movers were shocked by how many boxes we had?
Has my spouse not informed me that I really need to pare down my belongings (most of which seem to be art/craft-related items)?
Do I not totally agree, but I’m just finding it difficult to part with stuff that I might need one day?
Am I some kind of packrat?

1 Like

Isn’t a good rule of thumb “if you haven’t used it in 30 years get rid of it”?

2 Likes

Aren’t you supposed to chuck stuff randomly into boxes marked only with the date when you move, then throw them out if you haven’t opened them in a year?

Is the US Open Golf going to let the cat out of the bag about how nice Puget Sound summers actually are?

2 Likes

Can I just send you good potato peeling vibes? Does that help?

3 Likes

Live blog of the second firing?

(Fire on top has been built yet)

When you said “second firing” why was I surprised to see what it actually involved?

3 Likes

Yay new games (curse you Steam and your sales), yay tasty olives, cece, and tasty pizza and pilsner for dinner and apple crostata with ice cream for desert… Is that not an awesome day?

2 Likes

Did you really need a fire on top of the cast-iron skillet? Wouldn’t trapping/reflecting the heat from below have down the scorching trick, too? Isn’t most of the upper-fire-heat would have been vented into the atmosphere?

So did anyone else score a fun (at least to you) game off the Steam summer sale?

Even though a lot of heat is lost to the atmosphere, can you believe it is what makes the whole thing work? Did you know I am going to build a collar and lid so I can burn an entire sack of charcoal on top?

Does this one, Snoop-doggy-dogg need to get a jobby-job?

A girlfriend’s father once described it as less painful than his knees before surgery, does that help?

I did, anyone else take a steam train ride?

1 Like

can you take yes for an answer?

seriously, and i’ll gladly be donalded for this, i had been bone on bone for nearly three years in this knee and i dragged myself through our vacaion in australia last year using hydrocodone and aspirin and i had to make a change.

4 Likes

You have both my respect, sympathy, and empathy–just out of a strange sense of curiosity, does consuming cartilege or glucosimine have any effect at all (even placebo)? My bones in my feet kill me and there is no surgery for that (is there?)

Different topic–olive oil aficionados, seems I just discovered I have Thomas Keller on my side, ready to give up your disgusting claptrap?

(Page 5, Bouchon)