Did you ever want to play questions?

Did anyone else’s child total their car and give their mother a broken wrist yesterday?

Will you all forgive me if I don’t post for a while because typing with one hand while holding the other arm higher than the the heart is too much to deal with right now?

(Yes, she’s entirely fine!)

10 Likes

Was not the one big lesson of learning to ride on 2 wheels was that any accident you walk away from is a good one?
Glad everyone is okay and isn’t the crash engineering of modern cars amazing?

3 Likes

Doesn’t it depend on what you’re doing? I mean, can’t we all agree that truffle oil is The Worst?

Holy schnikes!!! Can you take the time you need? And while we will miss your insightful and intelligent conversation, we all want you to, uh, not have broken wrists?

In six weeks after the worst is over can I tell you one of my broken wrist stories that is now kinda funny?

(In the mean time I have loads of empathy waves headed your way.)

3 Likes

Ever had truffle oil made from these and not that imitation crap?

Or even better imo, these?

Wouldn’t truffle oil made from these

be the best way to recuperate with a broken wrist?

4 Likes

No, who has that kind of money?

Oh dude, Thomas K-dog said it again in The French Laundry, didn’t he?

Really? Peeled carrots? And what about potatoes? Who on earth puts onion skins and carrot skins in the same category?

Have you ever had a shaved, silky, smooth, succulent, freshly buttered carrot served medium hot, with a spicy…

Crap, am I cheating on my wife with a carrot!?

6 Likes

Has anyone else in the thread earned a Freud yet?

6 Likes

Can a person Jung theirselves by their own petard?

5 Likes

Jebus, have I forgotten after reading a few books tonight how hard. Flipping. Core. Escoffier, Keller, ducasse, Adria, Pepin, and mallmann are?

Gordon and Wolfgang are excellent managers, but are they advancing cuisine besides being a brand? (I don’t actually know, and if anyone here is Ramsey or Puck I mean no disrespect (call me))

Ye gods, hope you have a speedy recovery and don’t let anyone wave sarcastically at you too much. I had to put up with that when I done me hand in and even after I got the cast off, didn’t I wake up with my hand raised above the shoulder for several weeks? Get well soon.

4 Likes

How long does it take to bring up two boxes to the Performance Art Reading room in the LOC? Isn’t the reference dude super nice to apologize for things that aren’t his fault?

3 Likes

Why not? :smile:

(Switched left & right clicks on mouse to use with left hand. Slowly but surely I will become more functional in this condition.)

2 Likes

In the end, doesn’t the ambidextrosity (LOLWHUT) becomes a cool thing to posses? My left hand is still nowhere near as good as my right for mouse movement but don’t even a couple of weeks makes a real difference?

Ahhh, didn’t I mean: ambidexterity?

Anyways, glad to see you, hope it’s not to much of a pain in the… wrist?

2 Likes

When did we move the nation’s capital into the HEART OF THE SUN??? Thanks Obama?

6 Likes

Did you know you can buy real estate there?

1 Like

Isn’t it too sweltery in the middle of August? Is this what we get for building on a swamp?

Oh, are you talking about real estate someplace else?