Did you ever want to play questions?

Where does the bulk of Apple’s income come from? (I was speaking more in terms of OS than services or apps.) If Microsoft doesn’t charge a subscription, what would they make money on?

1 Like

More than a few parsed the ‘free for a year’ to mean subscription when the full statement was you can upgrade for free up to one year from the release date after that you missed the boat and will have to pay for a copy. Nothing about yearly fees. Besides isn’t Office/Exchange their cash cow?

1 Like

If it is, more power to them? Honestly though, aren’t I more nervous about how they are going to manage it and when they decide to push out new “features”? It may work fine, and maybe they’ll only break things on a predictable schedule, but can you blaim me for not wanting to participate in the “beta” phase? (Don’t I still grumble with every new OsX release as I try to figure out where they hid the switches for mdnsResponder “this time”?)

2 Likes

Volume?

2 Likes

Well awesome there is a music player and the old Windows Media Player which I read was going away is still there… Can I say I actually liked WMP for playing all my music and dvds?

2 Likes

Exchange?

(Damnit, beaten to it!)

2 Likes

Don’t I grumble about that every version of windows as well? Even more so about the changes to computer management from w2k3 to w2k8?

1 Like

Crap, @OtherMichael, how do I make a poll!? I have forgotten–can you believe tha—?? (Yes you can)

1 Like

Those always happened with major version changes, so I suppose my apprehension lies with the idea of continuous upgrades. I don’t want to see features and configuration changes coming in the same way patches would. Maybe it won’t be that way, but I’m going to hold off and see while I can, since it is a major shift for Microsoft, and at the moment I have the liberty to not be involved.

Too much in the topic to try to go all questions with this. I’ll take a Donald. (When did I last get one of those anyway?)

1 Like

?

5 Likes

What is your favorite kind of pizza that I should make for me?

• margherita
  • one cheese
  • four cheese
  • pepperoni
  • Chicago, uno style
  • Hawaiian
  • Clam

0 voters

Other suggestions?

1 Like

Argh, now don’t I want pizza? Can I think about this more while I run out for a slice of chicken and jalapeno?

3 Likes

By “Chicago, uno style” I presume you mean “deep-dish pizza” and not some sort of franchised monstrosity that is trotted out in shopping plazas nationwide?

2 Likes

Am I morally required to vote for the Chicago style?

(Which is good, btw, not like deep-dish pizza, which is basically a year’s supply of cheese for a small eastern European country sitting on top of gooey pastry with a couple of sprayed-on layers of thin tomato sauce.)

2 Likes

Is there a way to make the crust, I don’t know, not doughy/not gummy/not cakey, but big giant blisters of gluteny goodness?

1 Like

Doesn’t he mean the pan pizza made famous at Pizzeria Uno and Pizzeria Due (guess which came first?) with a thick cornmeal crust and then the same thickness of cheese, then sauce, then toppings?

1 Like

Have you tried semolina and/or corn meal?

1 Like

Is it okay if I skip the 190 posts? Did anything awesome happen while I was in Saint Louie?

1 Like

Only 21 to go?

1 Like

No you must read them all… Saint Louie MO? my hometown?

2 Likes