Did you ever want to play questions?

Metaphors? Euphemism? Concrete thinking.

1 Like
2 Likes

How much longer before all of the posts are just links back to one of the gif threads?

6 Likes

You know we could figure this out if we put in the hours, don’t you?

2 Likes

Instead we just keep procrastinating image-editing, right?

2 Likes

Euphemism?

Asked and answered?

1 Like

So if I got the MMR vaccine when I was a tiny sprout, what are the chances that a titer test today will prove it?

Totes covered in hair rockin’ the gurdy?

4 Likes

So you can’t remember when you got it, but it must have been at least 20 years ago? Wouldn’t that indicate it’s time for a booster shot?

2 Likes

Chances are six-ish?

Is this to be an empathy test?

1 Like

Are you young, and did you get the modern-day course of two vaccinations? If so, won’t the titer show immunity ~100%? Are you older than 40, and only got one dose as a child? Won’t it be probably 90%? And if the latter, can’t you just get a booster and be documented? Isn’t the vaccination cheaper than the titer test? Doesn’t our lab charge patients $120 for that test? Don’t few insurances cover the titer test, but almost all cover the vaccination?

2 Likes

Holy crap I have a stupid question–37 here and I don’t remember all my vaccs, is it a problem to just ask for All of Them?

2 Likes

Or is it?

7 Likes

Have you heard about my parent’s plan to ensure I got my boosters? They lost the paperwork that said what I’d gotten, so I got a whole battery of shots just before college.

Highly recommended.

2 Likes

Isn’t that problematic? If you really need it for something (like school admission in CA) wouldn’t your best bet be to call your doctor and your insurance and ask them what to do? Didn’t I have the same problem? Aren’t I in late middle age? Thanks to CA’s new zero-tolerance vaccination law, wouldn’t I have had to have hundreds of dollars worth of titer testing, and a bunch more vaccinations that I either have had or don’t need? Isn’t it further complicated by the fact that I HAD most of those diseases? Wasn’t it the fashion when I was a child to bring all the kids together when one got sick so they’d all get sick at a convenient time because we didn’t have all these new-fangled vaccines? Isn’t it good that I have a doctor who just asked me, tested for the ones I wasn’t sure about, and vaccinated me for new things that I wasn’t aware of? Wasn’t that good enough for the CSU system? And aren’t I far from an anti-vaxxer, but wouldn’t I still avoid being vaccinated again for things like smallpox, polio, hepatitis, and varicella (chickenpox/shingles)?

1 Like

Couldn’t you apply for a green card? Wouldn’t they make you get all your shots again if you did that?

2 Likes

If the anti-vax trollies come out of the woodwork now, aren’t I going to blame YOU? :smile:

1 Like

Correlation implies causation?

2 Likes