Did you ever want to play questions?

Hot :wink:
Oh, the tempā€¦ Indeed slightly cold, I reckon?

1 Like

Did you know that Merlot is the one kind of wine I will actually decline and drink nothing rather than be stuck drinking it?

1 Like

Even more than white zin?

1 Like

What is this, Sideways?

6 Likes

Isnā€™t that amazing? Does this mean Iā€™m not hip?

Donā€™t I remember when Merlot was a filler grape, for use in cheaper wines? And as such canā€™t I still taste the heaviness and grittiness (seems the right word, even though I donā€™t mean it literally) no matter what percentage it constitutes in even a fine wine?

And didnā€™t my mother give me a case of cheap Merlot for my birthday? (Even my kids looked at her funny when they saw that!)

3 Likes

Do you think we are brother and sister from another mother?

2 Likes

Arenā€™t Merlot grapes a hardier variety that grow in the hotter parts of California? Would that explain part of the crappy flavor? Did you know I am from the crappy part of California and I might know what Iā€™m talking about?

1 Like

?

If you know, you know, if you donā€™t, avoid it like the plague, do not look, do notā€¦

ā€¦ok?

3 Likes

If we are, wouldnā€™t our mother give you a case of Merlot too?

(In all seriousness, I have a number of as-yet-unfound half siblings, so you never know!)

1 Like

Looks around nervously
What if I only have merlot under protest? Or at least with some good cheese?

2 Likes

It is a weird worldā€“isnt it a weird feeling when you discover that nagging thought? my grandparents passed away seven years ago, and until that time none of us knew that my grandfather had been married before, and the biggest shockerā€“my grandmother had been married twice!? And once to an aircraft pilot!? (She hated flying, perhaps I now know why)

Do I have unknown relatives, hunting me like Highlander?

3 Likes

Did you know that my mother loves Merlot? You think Iā€™m kidding?

1 Like

Isnā€™t it more than a nagging thought for me, though?

(Iā€™ve found 4 so far, and have a lot of proof about a 5th one, with likely at least 2 or 3 more.)

Isnā€™t genealogy a blast? Donā€™t we always tell each other: donā€™t search if you arenā€™t ready to accept what you find? Arenā€™t there some doozy stories out there? Even little things, like have you ever figured out the number of months between a wedding and the first-born child in your grandparentsā€™ generation or further back? Doesnā€™t that prove they werenā€™t such Puritans back then, either?

2 Likes

Oh, it certainly is, and didnā€™t I have a laugh when I found out my wife and I are both directly related to this guy?

(Prince John, Robin Hood fame :D)

Edit

Oh, and I am related to such a lineage of narcissistic mediocre monachs that we inadventally created the constitutional monarchy?

And havenā€™t I seen his signature on a copy of the magna carta at Salisbury cathedral? (As I yelled, ā€œThatā€™s my pappy!!ā€)

6 Likes

Is there a better way to spend an evening than under a blanket with the kids and the 'ol Charlie Brown special?

4 Likes

You really think thereā€™s only one crappy part of California?

6 Likes

Yes, and itā€™s shaped like this?

(LOL)

9 Likes

Wow, doesnā€™t the coastline look pointy?

3 Likes

Donā€™t my family have an awful lot of doubts about my grandfather, to the extent that they donā€™t even believe the name he gave them?

Perhaps disappearing with the taxman in hot pursuit and leaving my grandma in the lurch with five kids wasnā€™t the best plan?

But since Iā€™m Cornish, arenā€™t I likely related to lots of people in a variety of illegal ways anway?

3 Likes

Are all Cornish people as corny as you? Should I duck now?