Did you ever want to play questions?

No, I’m talking about the device that lasts for about a week on a pair of AA batteries that drops breadcrumbs so you can find your way back in the dark, doesn’t everyone want one of those?

I wanted one as a kid, does that count? But then I got a Sun 660 and never looked back, right?

(Sonar! It uses fucking sonar!)

7 Likes

As a kid? Holy hell, man, I was a full-grown adult when those came out, so don’t I feel a little bit old right now?

3 Likes

Was I a teenager, and remember reading about some project in Byte magazine that used the ultrasonic-doohickey to do something I could never do?

2 Likes

Well, I suppose I was 25 at the time, but doesn’t it feel so long ago now?

1 Like

Don’t you believe that, can you hold out hope you’ll figure it out one day?

Shouldn’t I have known that the term “kid” can easily apply to 20-somethings? Jesus, how old am I, anyway?

Do I need to get myself a red hat already?

4 Likes

Does everyone else love the irony about the red hat clubs where the original poem was all “I’m going to be an individual when I’m old, fuck you and what’s ‘right’ for fashion” and turned it into “Everyone is wearing the same thing.”?

6 Likes

Didn’t I see a “red hat society” store somewhere?

Can I say I am so out of touch that I am gonna need to google that red hat thing? I can’t keep up with the kids and can’t keep up with the olds, maybe I need a new job?

2 Likes

How’s this?

13 Likes

I am happy it exists, but I do know there are some unnamed monkeyohs who are less delighted.

Care for a Donald?

7 Likes

Red Hat?

1 Like

Perhaps not undelighted, but don’t I wish the OP wasn’t such a one-trick pony?

1 Like

Can I blame being busy at work again and losing track?

1 Like

Aren’t you supposed to wear a pink hat and lavender clothing if you’re under 50?

Who would want to wear either color combination? Isn’t one main point of going from maid to mother to crone the freedom that you don’t feel a desperate need to be accepted in a group anymore?

5 Likes

Why can’t everyone else see that’s the point of that poem?

6 Likes

Yeah, wouldn’t I prefer wearing something that expresses my true feelings instead?

7 Likes

Have you met my friend Ted?