Did you ever want to play questions?

Wouldn’t it technically be “go south-west”?
And my goodness isn’t that a lot of roadwork on the way?

5 Likes

I fell in love with it out there, so don’t I understand? As an Easterner I never get tired of those massive sandstone structures anywhere out there, you know?[quote=“Missy_Pants, post:18436, topic:54417”]
And my goodness isn’t that a lot of roadwork on the way?
[/quote]

You guys don’t have planes up there? They’re a lot easier on the sanity compared to all of Nebraska.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t @OtherMichael say the extra time to drive through South Dakota instead is worth it?

3 Likes

Did you miss my post on the religion thread?
Continuing the discussion from Quotes on religion and the mythical Christian solar god Jesus's association with the Sun:

2 Likes

Wouldn’t I disagree?

1 Like

Wouldn’t you be wrong? Deadwood? How can you skip Deadwood?

1 Like

Or Wall Drug? Or Dinosaur Park? Or Mount Rushmore?

1 Like

That’s the TV thingy?

Didn’t we drive past Deadwood, I think?

Why do people like that place?

1 Like

I think it was an actual place before it was a TV show?

Then won’t you love how easy it is to drive in the park itself and crash in just about any parking lot without hassle?

Signed, guy who slept in his rented SUV for three nights without being hassled.

PS - Still, Nebraska and Iowa?

2 Likes

They’ve got good onion rings, and free ice water?

2 Likes

You’d skip Iowa, where you can see the Billy Clocks, the Little Brown Church in the Vale, and the Field of Dreams? Where you can visit the house where Dvorak wrote his New World Symphony? Where you can get fresh sweet corn and Sioux City Sarsaparilla direct from the source? Where you could visit more than half of the family on my mother’s side?

3 Likes

Do you not understand how planes work?! How they save hours and hours of driving?

1 Like

Didn’t I skip Mount Rushmore when we were there? As a Canuck my interest is, shall we say, limited?
Also weren’t we there accidentally during this? And didn’t we leave the area rather quickly? (Not out of fear, wasn’t it more out of a desire to have some peace and quiet?)

4 Likes

Why can’t you jet-setting one-percenters just say you’re allergic to fly-over country?

2 Likes

Did you at least check out the Crazy Horse Monument?

2 Likes

Didn’t we drive by and take pictures from the road? And isn’t that what we did with Rushmore?
And why didn’t any of those hard motorcycle folk use any of the surrounding camp grounds? Didn’t I think they’d be full of hard core partiers, and weren’t they all empty? Didn’t we have a national forest site pretty much to ourselves?

2 Likes

Did you misspell ‘scam’?

1 Like

Allergic? No, don’t I hate to dirty my hands with their rough paper towels instead of 300 count linen cloth napkins at various diners?

1 Like