Did you miss National Spam Musubi Day? It's never too late to enjoy this delicious treat

Originally published at: Did you miss National Spam Musubi Day? It's never too late to enjoy this delicious treat | Boing Boing

5 Likes

It’s never too late to enjoy this delicious treat

Trick Or Treat Reaction GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

6 Likes

Found it in Fukuoka at an Oktoberfest back before the weird times:

Delish!

11 Likes

My son says it was a go-to morning snack for him and friends. Purchased at gas stations.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever eaten Spam.

5 Likes

10 Likes

Tv Show Reaction GIF by CBS

7 Likes

11 Likes

Obligatory:

7 Likes

9 Likes

I like potato rostis with cubes of spam mixed in with the grated tatos. With fried eggs on the top. Mmmmm.

Potato rosti/hash brown tip: point a fan at the skillet while they’re cooking to blow all the steam away. Crispiest rostis ever.

3 Likes

Yes, the wife discovered this delicacy during her time in Hawaii.
I took a batch to the office potluck a few years back and was banned from bringing it again…
Philistines.

4 Likes

When I first moved to New Jersey and tried Pork Roll (or Taylor Ham for those in North Jersey), I said it tasted like Spam, and my opinion was not well received. It does, though. I don’t like either one.

I missed it. But I didn’t miss it.

I love making musubi at home. I’ve also been making meat-free versions using halloumi cheese that I think turn out great https://twitter.com/DocPop/status/1515778622929350656?s=20&t=ha7a130wLAw00Kuwbf7X3A

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.