McDonald's China has a new Spam and Oreos burger they're dying for you to try

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/21/mcdonalds-china-has-a-new-spam-and-oreos-burger-theyre-dying-for-you-to-try.html

5 Likes

i see an trademark icon for mcdonalds there, i see an icon for spam there, why is the icon for Oreos missing? Could it be that these are somehow knockoff Oreos?? (and no, they would not be Hydrox (the original such cookie) as that would drive the quality upwards)

4 Likes

I just showed this to 4 different Chinese (as in, recent immigrant) friends at work on break, and they were all even more disgusted than I was ^^’ .

8 Likes

I have read of Japanese pizza combos even more, shall I say, eccentric than this burgoid. Not to mention what bloated USA kids pile together. [/me shudders]

1 Like

I misread the headline to be stating that there were two separate oreo and spam burgers, which is gross enough, but that it’s actually one “burger”…

3 Likes

All we need now for this to be a full-on 2020 story, is for Oreo to announce a McDonald’s hamburger and spam flavor.

8 Likes

Worse even than the very idea of that as food is the use of the phrase “most unique”.

8 Likes

This makes me want to vomit. Why? Why did someone think this was a good idea?

2 Likes

Because nobody ever lost money underestimating the intelligence of people, as the truism goes.

2 Likes

It’s such a ridiculous combination that it’s almost worth trying. What’s the dressing on the top? Certainly can’t be Oreo cream. Once we figure that out, we can test the combination on our own and judge accordingly. Gotta have some sense of adventure.

4 Likes

This has the feeling of someone throwing darts at the great wheel of food and just mashing together whatever random things the darts landed on.

Does this pair well with the artichoke and grape jelly milkshake?

Blarf indeed.

2 Likes

weird flavor combo, but most likely works. The alkaline of the oreos is a good pair for the super saltiness of the spam: think ramen.

the burger itself is probably not very good though because it only exists to get people’s attention and start conversations about mcdonalds china

4 Likes

Ah, Shakey’s! I loved the octopus, squid, and mussel pizza! Add a little more canned corn to that, please!

4 Likes

Don’t forget the chocolate, jalapeños, and saurkraut.

3 Likes

Mmmm, mmmm, mmm! Just like mom never made!

1 Like

I read about the one they did in japan back in 2014 that was angus beef, squid ink sauce, black bun with black sesame seeds, & found myself a few months later in Gotemba Japan late at night & the crew I was with wanted to eat & when they saw Mcd’s we had to eat there. I got a chance to eat the squid ink burger, which was the only reason I ate anything other than french fries as I really hate McD’s.

3 Likes
3 Likes

It’s GAG alright. Yech!

3 Likes

“Look, I saw this so you have to see it too. Sorry, that’s how it works,”

bb2-ca16

6 Likes

Is the white sauce oreo filling, or mayo?

I don’t know which would be worse, honestly.

3 Likes