Die Hard star Bruce Willis reprises role to push DieHard batteries

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/20/die-hard-star-bruce-willis-reprises-role-to-push-diehard-batteries.html

3 Likes

Ho ho ho, now I have machine parts.

10 Likes

That is better than the other films. Because it’s only 2 mins. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

I was even happier to see Argyle and Theo again.

4 Likes

This serves as an interesting meditation on what happens when other corporations feast on the corpses left by vulture capitalists. I wonder whether Advance just bought the “brand” and are slapping the label on their house batteries, or if they actually bought the whole Sears production.

1 Like

It’s on!

5 Likes

That was fun!

Pity they never made a fifth film.

2 Likes

Also, why does the lucky bastard always get to crawl through clean air ducts?

10 Likes

Bold of you to assume there was actually ever any Sears production, and it wasn’t always private label manufacture by third party battery manufacturers…

4 Likes

A fair point! But Sears did have a reputation in its other lines for high-quality bespoke (or rebranded) production. It’s one thing to have a Kenmore that’s actually a Whirlpool, but it would be different if the Kenmore were actually made by e.g. South East Heavy Industries Production Pty Ltd. I would assume that the Die-Hard rebrands that Sears undertook were done with similar care.

That said, it would probably be easier to turnkey the whole operation if Die-Hards are actually already an established national brand that’s been rebranded.

1 Like

Hol’ up.

Samuel L makes everything better.

1 Like

Argyle! Theo! Fine, I loved it, sue me for liking a stupid ad.

3 Likes

This is a worthy commercial sequel.

1 Like

Here in Hungary, Willis has been pitching HELL energy drink for a while:

Willis would have made a great Philip Marlowe. Shame Chandler adaptations never came back into vogue.

2 Likes

A fun bit of fan service.

shit, man, they’re up to twelve now:

2 Likes

The fifth one wasn’t great, but we can still acknowledge its existence, right?

Look into my eyes, look into the eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don’t look around the eyes, look into my eyes… you’re under.

THERE ARE ONLY FOUR “DIE HARD” FILMS.

3, 2, 1, you’re back in the room.

3 Likes

Right there with you; I don’t even acknowledge anything in the franchise after the one with Samuel L…

1 Like