Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots to become a big Hollywood movie starring Vin Diesel

Originally published at: Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots to become a big Hollywood movie starring Vin Diesel | Boing Boing

2 Likes
28 Likes

wept

4 Likes

I have mixed feelings about this one.

1 Like

There’s not going to be much to the plot other than “two characters duking it out…”

1 Like

This is exactly what I was thinking

4 Likes
3 Likes

Such a dumb idea. Next they’ll make a Battleship movie or something.

6 Likes

Beat me to it! I loved watching Real Steel back when it came out.

Interested in seeing this one too, especially cuz my brother and I played with the toy back in the 70s. He almost always knocked my block off though…

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing a Clue: Master Detective movie. IMO it shouldn’t be a remake of the original. Maybe it could deal with a group of fans of the original Boddy Murders holding a re-enactment (with six of the fans paying homage to the original characters by taking roles like Major Mustard, Widow White, Sultry Scarlett, etc.) that becomes all too real.

2 Likes

Yep, same thought I had. A decent enough movie, if a bit trope filled with stock “underdog” sports theme.

1 Like

Coming soon…

8 Likes

Nope. Clue was a perfect movie, and the only movie based on a board game that we’ll ever really need. You can’t top perfection… I mean, just look at that cast.

clue turnaround GIF by Paramount Movies

9 Likes

Granted that’s also true of Godzilla vs. Kong but I’m still gonna watch the heck out of that big stupid movie.

4 Likes

I’m holding out for live action Hungry Hungry Hippos directed by Michael Bay

6 Likes

Dang, I was hoping that Diesel would play the advanced war machine himself, as he did so memorably once before.

6 Likes

Talk about burying the lede. This is the one I’m interested in.

2 Likes

How about Operation?

5 Likes

You should really refer to him by his full name, Vehicle Identification Number Diesel.

5 Likes

Ultra hyper literary Noam Baumbach is writing the script for barbie. The mind, it reels.

1 Like