Dilbert creator Scott Adams uncover the hidden satanic symbolism in Joe Biden's campaign slogan

A good way to deprive him of attention is by not reprinting his rants on boingboing.

Which I guess is exactly what you’re saying. So thanks for that!

2 Likes

I can’t decide if this falls under Poe’s Law or not

“Ignore the freaks and fascists and maybe they’ll go away on their own accord” hasn’t exactly worked out well so far. Most of our culture ignored the White Nationalists and Men’s Rights guys until they were practically running the place.

27 Likes

Not breaking news? Scott Adams is a massive tool

2 Likes

I agree with your first claim, but sadly there are some Satanic cults that do bad things too. For example some are associated with neo-nazism.

Coming from him it seems more like it is a calculated and manipulative move. Maybe he wants to jump on the QAnon train.

4 Likes

I probably have more difficulty separating what I know about the personal flaws of an artist and their art than you do. I can’t enjoy Cosby anymore, for example, even though most of his humor has nothing to do with the crimes he committed. But I agree that it’s especially frustrating when an artist’s flaws become publicly known and then you suddenly realize how those very flaws taint art that you once enjoyed.

A sort-of related (but far less egregious) example: I love most of the earlier work of Animator Brad Bird, and I think that The Iron Giant and The Incredibles are absolutely amazing films. But I really hated the Ayn Randian vibe of Tomorrowland, where the central premise seemed to be that the world just needs a few hand-picked exceptional people to fix everything, and that normal rules shouldn’t apply to those people. So after seeing that I started noticing the theme was common to so much of his work before and after that film. It may not have been any worse in Incredibles 2 than in the original, but it sure stuck out to me when I saw that movie. (Why was Mrs. Incredible speeding and driving like a jackass on public roads when she wasn’t even on her way to an emergency yet?)

And, to be clear, I still like most of Brad Bird’s work. But I hate it when the negative aspects of one thing bleed over into other things.

4 Likes

I thought Dilbert was getting less funny because, for the most part, it’s what happens when something runs too long, more so under the original creator. Steam is lost.
But to write what he did about Old Joe, well, I haven’t the libel-free words.
Worse than that, I think he’s doubling down on his position from 2016 that Donnie was superhumanly persuasive and that would get him elected. People scoffed and thereby made Adams unhappy.
And it looked like Adams was proven right in the end when the Don was elected. But I’d say the circumstances actually proved Adams wrong: Grossly outvoted and victorious in the Electoral College by a numerically small cohort of voters in a few key states – who, by the way, are unlikely to make the same mistake again.
And now we have Adams going what one can call Q-Lite.

4 Likes

Donald: 6
John: 4
Trump: 5

6 is ruled by the prime number 3
4 + 5 = 9… which is also ruled by 3

The addition of 4 and 5 — two numbers — means I can multiply 3 by 2, yielding 6.

Since two numbers (names) numerologically yielded 6, John relates to 6 and Trump relates to 6.

Therefore…
Donald: 6
John: 6
Trump: 6

And all that makes as much sense as Adams’s loony bullshit.

9 Likes

There was a lot of overt sexism involved in his reasoning too.

15 Likes

Maybe you’re right. Bring him up occasionally so we can thoroughly excoriate him. The more people recognize what a intellectual failure he is, the better.

8 Likes

came here after sharing the same on Twitter…

Has he weighed in on the legitimacy of the moon landing yet?

2 Likes

I don’t draw any clean line between what I reference above and the QAnon folks. These are all harbingers of scary stuff in my opinion.

2 Likes

Definitely, but generally QAnon followers believe their own narrative, while I think that Adams is just being cynically manipulative.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of competition for the grift dollars from smug, misogynistic libertarians. He may be dipping a toe into Q because they’re easier marks and aren’t completely mined out yet.

2 Likes

the j does not stand for john

30 Likes

I remember reading an explanation long ago, that when you start with any human, you will find the Number of the Beast, and this represents how we’re all flawed and sinners. Which does not make numerology any more true or accurate, but it’s damn sight closer to the core message of Christianity than anything Adams or the various fundie nuts are spouting.

Um…

Joseph 6
Robinette 9
Biden 5

9 is just 6 turned upside down, and what’s 5 next to? You guessed it.

(also, TIL that Joe’s middle name is “Robinette.”)

2 Likes

We may like the idea of individuals holding disparate views, all contributing to a unique melange that defies stereotyping. But it’s easier just to adopt the platform of a faction, and let ideology correct the deviations that remain.

1 Like
9 Likes