Dilbert dropped by "many news outlets" after creator's racist mutterings

Indeed, more extreme measures may be necessary.

First, see if anyone can put forth that he is mentally incompetent to manage his own affairs.

2 Likes

Yeah, back in the 90s a partner of mine gave me a very nice, framed print of the Dilbert strip about the practical use of having a high IQ being very low in reality. For years it was a nice reminder of the relationship, but it was tossed in the trash years ago thanks to this guys assholery. It’s always sad when a shitty creator taints the work and that ripples out in all kinds of ways :frowning_face:

30 Likes

“Stick your fingers in his ass”

Your dad’s ass?

Honestly, what the hell kind of disturbed childhood did Adams have?
And why inflict it on us?

38 Likes

Right?

I mean, that such an image would even occur to him, let alone occur as something he should say out loud. :confused:

28 Likes

It’s just damn disturbing imagery.

20 Likes

Henceforth may he be known as Scott “Stick Your Fingers In Your Dad’s Ass” Adams.

34 Likes

There may be some issues there…

(Ugh, no more).

15 Likes

It could be applied in many ways to many people. Sort of a new “keep fucking that chicken”!

Or " Yeah, Jordan Peterson really stuck a finger up his dad’s ass in that tweet"

ETA: This also sounds like the worst MBMBAM catchphrase parody ever

21 Likes

Indeed. Tougher call with him though, since he always already seems like he’s got his fingers stuck up his own ass (along with his head).

15 Likes

That’s why the good Lord gave us so many fingers and so few orifices. We have to cooperate to achieve everything that we could!

14 Likes

Obviously, not always the case. Dolly Parton is richer than Adams, and she’s one of the nicest people on the planet. And let’s not forget Keanu Reeves.

49 Likes

I believe people get rich enough to show their true selves without fear of repercussions. They were always that person inside

(That applies to the bad ones and the good ones!)

Edited to add: Usually. Anyone can work on themselves and show great improvement in how they treat others and how they feel about themselves as a result

35 Likes

Well, in all honesty, i think he’s on tk something. If you assault someone, they may respond with violence. Not sure that any kind of deep insight, but i guess it’s true. Where he goes wrong is assuming this is limited to encounters with men. :man_shrugging:

19 Likes

Add the Washington Post to the list. I had emailed them yesterday to say I couldn’t & wouldn’t subsidize Adams via my subscription.

(Free link)

37 Likes

Just to add to that from way back in TMW 1993:
Tom_Tw-Dilbert-961209

/Tom Tomorrow is an alt-weeklier you should support.

66 Likes

Weird how he seems to think that’s not creating the “implied violence”.

I guess it’s just a common friendly greeting where he comes from.

17 Likes

Yeah this tells me that Adams was always a piece of shit. And it does change how I view Dilbert now. Some things I took to be satirical I now think weren’t intended as satire. It’s the same with Harry Potter and Rowling. Her blatant transphobia has made me take a second look at a lot of stuff in Harry Potter, and I now recognize that a lot of it is problematic, and frankly I’m a little embarrassed I didn’t recognize that sooner.

38 Likes

Don’t beat yourself up. I used to think Manhattan was a great movie! :person_shrugging:

And that’s just a single example out of probably thousands! The important thing is being able to recognize when things change an reconsider your position

27 Likes

Man deþ swa he byþ þonne he mot swa he wile.
A man shows what he is when he can do whatever he wants.

(The Durham Proverbs #14, Durham Cathedral, MS B. III. 32, early or mid 11C)

24 Likes

He’s using the Pence Rule defense.

“Do you remember the ‘Pence rule?’ The Pence Rule was he wouldn’t go to lunch or dinner with a woman who is not his wife. Now, do you think that Pence does not like women? Would that be a reasonable conclusion? […] Is that an anti-women thing? By the way, that’s totally right. Here’s how I interpret it. It has nothing to do with anything to do with any individual woman. [Mike Pence is not saying] ‘this jezebel wants to go to lunch with me.’ He’s not saying that. He’s just playing the odds. He’s just playing a statistical game.”

25 Likes