Dilbert dropped by "many news outlets" after creator's racist mutterings

Yj69P8V

44 Likes

Seems to me there are easier ways to avoid deadlines.

16 Likes
31 Likes

Oh I know, let’s fight about Fight Club!

/jk

20 Likes

His argument is circular nonsense because he is artificially inserting actual violence into a situation to try and prove his idiotic idea of “implied violence”.

Funnily enough most normal fathers are going to be disturbed and deeply worried for the mental health of their son and probably wouldn’t respond with violence beyond what might be necessary for self-defence.

12 Likes

be quiet big brother GIF by Big Brother After Dark

13 Likes

… looks like he’s canceled at GoComics

https://www.gocomics.com/dilbert

https://www.gocomics.com/dilbert-classics

but they haven’t updated their front page blurb

25 Likes

Not only is it not better, it was an order of magnitude worse. Holy crap.

16 Likes

6zx3lm

27 Likes

I never “got” the appeal of Dilbert, maybe 'cuz I’ve never worked in a cubicle workspace? I read it a few times like you’d read an ethnography of “people sorta me but different”, like those Deadheads who followed the band from city to city for years, or surfing culture, or white collar criminals in the US, etc.

Anyway, I was aware of who he was and I guess I had a “comic artists are probably good people” working (unwarranted) assumption.Then, with Dump’s rise around 2015, I read something this a-hole wrote about why Dump was great: he hypnotizes people really well. He gets people to go for him, which is AWESOME.

I thought, what am I missing here? THAT’s a good reason to vote for someone? Then, when Adams was outed an all-around dipshit, it all made sense. Now? good fucking riddance, a-wipe.

Next!

11 Likes

Goodbye GIF

18 Likes

Oh my god, how does one do the “needs more likes” thing? ‘Cause this needs more likes.

13 Likes

“I punched someone in the face… And then they got violent!”

25 Likes

It looks like he went MRA first, before anything else

After that he got away with being openly sexist for so long it lulled him into a false sense of security about being openly racist later :thinking:

… oh there we go, he’s explicitly saying he should get a pass on the racism because sexism was OK

29 Likes

You’re confused. It was never funny.

I am familiar with Tom Tomorrow, but have not seen this parody. It pretty much sums up late 90s/early 2,000s IT for me. A lot of people from my era of IT were willing to just squander their talents in low-paying, high pressure companies because the management fluffed up their egos and playing divide and conquer with the so-called rank-and-file pencil-pushers of the company.

You can’t create solidarity with your coworkers, you have to look at them with the same contempt that your management looks at you. After all, you’re better than all of those people. It is trap that let the dot com bubble create a few millionaires and kept you and your coworkers underperforming.

If only you created a pandering comic strip that appealed to those same smug jerks, you’d have it made.

Scott Adams’ entire political trajectory tracks with the tone of his comics.

22 Likes

Transphobia is the gateway drug for conservative assholes.

44 Likes

Not much new, just “Hundreds of newspapers” sounds good.

31 Likes

Done!

Just copy the post’s link, and drop it in the needs more likes thread :smiley:

15 Likes

Oh. I did not know that. So we can’t use this one anymore and need a new “Oh no! Anyway…” gif from a not a jerk?

6 Likes