Dilbert guy Scott Adams: white people should "get the hell away from black people"

[Off-topic, but we need a unicorn chaser about now]

9 Likes

When I was doing microscopy, I thought about this one a lot:

16 Likes

Followed inevitably by…

[Now there’s a good comic strip]

22 Likes

Until we decide what to replace Dilbert with, you’ll likely see a gray box where it has been appearing.

If you have any ideas for a strip called “gray box”, now’s the time!

26 Likes

It’s about time senior citizens got their own strip!

11 Likes

I saw them play in LA. Bad ass set!

Music Video Concert GIF

15 Likes

I hate Google Echo, where Google returns a dump of unrelated news results because of an “Other stories” list on the page. (You’d think search engines and sites could sit down over some HTML5 and solve that.)

This time I laughed.

7 Likes

Spit Out Drink GIFs | Tenor
Need to be more careful about what I read while drinking coffee.

8 Likes

You’re thinking of Henry Rollins, J.K. Rollings is a author of children’s fantasy books

1 Like

No, that’s JK Rowling, actually.

13 Likes

high quality GIF

13 Likes

I pulled the 20 years ago out of my head because it feels like that, but yes, I do remember clipping those comics out of a physical newspaper in the 90s. 20 years ago, he was on his way to that horrible short lived tv show (that he blamed everyone else for failing) and I was printing the comics out on my work computer to put on an office door. Back when it was normal for tech workers to have offices (I shared it with someone but that’s another story) instead of wide open tables and short cubes pre-COVID.

So yeah, my bad, definitely 30 years ago, which is even more sad.

And yeah, he’s been doing downhill for a while, with social media and the world the last 10 years or so really cranking it up to 11.

4 Likes

To bring things back on topic, I’ll always remember him appearing alongside Scoot Addams (who also did a lot of New Yorker cartoons) on Conan O’Barbarian’s talk show in the early 2000s.

16 Likes

Aw, c’mon, what could be more on topic than a white dude doubling down on being wrong? :joy:

21 Likes

In the 90s, I used to have a rule when evaluating a possible workplace:

If there were too many Dilbert cartoons pinned to the cubicles, it was a warning flag.
If there were no Dilbert cartoons pinned to the cubicles, run!

Oh well.

12 Likes

Right you are thanks for the correction :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

That’s great and all but he’s been shitty for a long time. That he’s only getting dropped now is more of a problem, it only brings to light that you can be racist and a POS and be totally ok, just don’t be too racist

8 Likes
6 Likes

Writers often confuse “people think my article/book/cartoon is important” for “people think I’m important.”

8 Likes

Ooh, the sweet taste of accountability for one’s actions.

3 Likes