Dilbert guy Scott Adams: white people should "get the hell away from black people"

No, that’s Henry Garfield.

2 Likes

And how important the thing is … well, that opinion is also guided by the principle of:

“…people always think that if they are very expert at something, that thing must therefore be extremely important.”
– Louis de Bernières, ‘The War of Don Emmanuel’s Nether Parts’

7 Likes

If I ever see him while visiting my parents though, I will be sure to avoid him!

5 Likes
18 Likes
16 Likes

Maybe this is all a ploy on Scott “Stick Your Fingers in Your Dad’s Asshole” Adams’s part to get a cushy, well-paying seat on the White Male Victim Express?

Nah. Apparently he just really is a bigoted dickhead.

17 Likes

Definitely the former in my experience. Outside of communities like BB who are deeply aware of such things, Adams’ views are not that widely known. If you walked up to any stranger on the street right now, I guarantee they know Dilbert comics, but have no idea what a piece of human garbage Adams is.

Whether they would care after finding out depends on the person I suppose, and I wouldn’t hazard to guess any numbers on that.

My experience has been that it’s the same with most garbage celebrities, like JK Rowling, Kanye, and the others. Even if their hate has been in national news, there’s so much news nowadays that most people don’t pick up on it.

Also remember that most people are not on Twitter, where most of this stuff surfaces. Techie online communities act like Twitter is the centre of the universe, but the vast, vast majority of humanity has never read a single thing on it. I don’t know a single person in my daily real life who has ever even been on Twitter, and I don’t think I’m an outlier in that regard.

I think this is true of all of them. What changed with Orange Twat is that he made it okay for all those people to say that stuff out loud. They used to know their beliefs were unacceptable and kept them to themselves.

22 Likes

That’s easy for you to say. JK Rowling is actively employing her billions of dollars to get me killed. I don’t find her art too palatable as a result.

25 Likes

From the Daily Beat article linked within the Daily Beast article that someone linked:

Earlier in the day, Adams appeared to invoke a similar question on Twitter. “Is it racist to avoid racists who are the same race as each other?” he tweeted. “Or is it only racist if the racists you are avoiding are white?”

Twitter CEO Elon Musk responded to Adams, writing “simultaneously, an interesting question and a tongue twister!”

9 Likes

Ugh.

CvJnIYmXEAAsfmQ

Can we just shove all these self-absorbed white-male pontificators into a room together? So they can mantalk at each other, until their batteries expire?

23 Likes

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

15 Likes

Think of all the implied violence if they were left alone!

7ckdxm

17 Likes

If you want a vision of the future, imagine … um, no

10 Likes

F this guy and the cartoon he rode in on.

Of course he’s already made millions of dollars from the strip and the associated merchandise. So what does he care about anyone else’s opinions. Racists gonna run their mouths regardless.

5 Likes

AFAIK he was in ISDN marketing at Pac Bell, not an engineer. People think Dilbert is his projection of himself in the comic, but it’s actually Dogbert that represents him there.

10 Likes

16 Likes

Back To The Future GIF

10 Likes

Sorry, a random op-ed in Forbes isn’t the same as the wall to wall coverage I’m talking about.

He has it now, but he didn’t have it until now.

2 Likes

Required reading:

11 Likes

Don’t look up Adams’s stepson and what he thinks.