Dire Straits' "Walk of Life" is the perfect ending to any movie

Originally published at: Dire Straits' "Walk of Life" is the perfect ending to any movie | Boing Boing

4 Likes

“Walk of Life” is the whitest of white-bread songs in the history of white people. It is the “Chicken Dance” of rock.

6 Likes

This song popped into my head while working in the garden only yesterday, and now this.

What could it mean?

4 Likes

Déjà vu (reboing).

11 Likes

Elevator music popped into my head, elevator music.

3 Likes

Your movie is about to end? (let us hope not)

It sort of works, actually. The Matrix one felt perfect. Star Wars less so, but still decent enough. Haven’t watched the rest yet, but I do so love a good weirdo hypothesis like this.

4 Likes

Let’s try it on Tarkovsky’s The Sacrifice.

4 Likes

I mean…

high quality GIF

8 Likes

I too enjoy a weird hypothesis myself, and along similar lines, “Guile’s theme goes with anything” is a classic. Here’s a sample of the genre:

5 Likes

A Mark Knopfler ending

5 Likes

I like that song.

But if I ever make a movie I 100% know how it will end. Probably with a “god shot” and then fade to credits with this song.

2 Likes

Best movie ever is best movie ever.

4 Likes

I went to get my haircut last week. The minute I sat down in the waiting area “Walk of Life” kicked in on the barbershop speakers, feeling like some sort of soundtrack to my life. The next day I walked into the grocery store (the first place I visited since the barbershop) and just as I pushed my cart through the doors “Walk of Life” kicked in. I didn’t know what to do with that fact and still don’t.

3 Likes

Good point. It definitely has some stiff competition but at BEST it’s in a 1,000-way tie for first.

1 Like

Years ago I came across this and made one for the end of von Trier’s Dancer in the Dark.

It was an absolute abomination.

5 Likes

No. Just No.

1 Like

You enjoy it. That’s what you do with it. You’re a movie star in your own slice of life.

3 Likes

Not on my watch.

1 Like

I don’t know… I’ll take Dire Straights over Smash Mouth or Jimmy Buffet anyday, honestly.

4 Likes

The unanswered phone makes me tear up every time.

1 Like