Disgraced Instagram star account rebrands as another person

The linked article says it was actually some contest he ran for fans to win performing a duet with him. So not quite as simple as a shout out, but still not that difficult to deliver.

Also, this is the first IMDb profile I’ve ever seen that has zero credits.

1 Like

“The 19th century Tetzel. Not the hero they deserved, or the hero they needed. But dammit, he tried.”

1 Like

Both?­­

2 Likes

The very point of this post is for people to comment about how much they can’t care.
I, I really don’t have a problem with that.

I’d say this generation of children has it better than in the past. Buying a shout out (especially if you’re buying it for someone else) makes way more sense to me than queuing (or writing a letter) to get an autograph.

4 Likes

A discussion over reusing existing accounts or the strange/shady “rebranding” of a real person is pretty interesting but in this case its not presented well. I had trouble commenting initially because ultimately the post is about gossip on a person i don’t care about.

1 Like

4 Likes

@beschizza could do eye-mouths of fans for $5.

5 Likes

An instagram account of a seashell stand on the beach would be interesting.

2 Likes

“Also, this is the first IMDb profile I’ve ever seen that has zero credits”

I volunteered as grip once, for a small production that filmed over the weekend in small town . 10 years later I had imdb credit pop up for it . ten years after that I had a net worth of 30,000,000 on celebrity net worth…??? I bloody wish . it jumped up down over the years I occasionally check it out of curiosity and its currently at ten mil. celebrity net worth says trump is 3 bil I wonder how accurate that is? if I was a con artist I would certainly be trying to figure how to use my online presence and status a an “unheard of celebrity” on celebritynetworth to validate myself in a scheme and run of off with a bunch peoples money, but I’m not a con artist and I have a conscience. Another scenario thats run around in my hyperactive imagination is that some con artist gets my Id from the data of some dodgy crypto exchange I used to speculate on an alt. googles me finds my bogus celebrity networth and runs with it using my identity and weirdly inaccurate celebrity presence for their own con.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.