Disgraced Instagram star account rebrands as another person

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/08/disgraced-instagram-star-accou.html

2 Likes

I really should become an instagram influencer.

31 Likes

“Sold shout outs”

What have we done to this generation of children?

8 Likes

He sold out his sold shout outs.

11 Likes

At least with shout out they are performing some service. Some of these influencers do public appearances where they just get up on a stage and wave at the crowd.

4 Likes

If people want to pay for it, then I guess it’s fine for people to do that as a job. No harm no foul (unless of course he’s not providing the service being paid for). I personally find it the type of weird, sycophantic celebrity slobbering I despise, but I’m sure other people’s mileage may vary.

4 Likes

Ok, I figured it out: I’m too old for this shit.

25 Likes

Ugh don’t get me started :confused:

1 Like

Same as it ever was.

Hello, Mr. Greenberg? This is John Barron. I am definitely not Donald Trump because his hands are so large, and he has the best business and pulls all the hottest chicks.

11 Likes

OH… oh god… god damn it… I’m officially old. This story is so unrelatable and I have so few fucks to give. If I was hip and cool I would care but I just don’t.

Also, if all he owes are shout outs, knock that shit out in a weekend and get squared up.

17 Likes

I’m reminded of Bérenger Saunière, the (in)famous priest of Rennes-le-Château; who was charged with, among other things, not saying masses that he’d been paid for. Apparently he ran adverts in national newspapers, offering to say masses for the souls of the dead.

Are you only three days from retirement?

I could see a “24hr Shout-out-athon” being the sort of “event” that would go down well on social media. He could maybe turn this situation to his advantage. I do like the total transparency of his “younger brother” con.

6 Likes

If I’d known that rebranding as another person was possible, I’d have done it years ago.

9 Likes

Username checks out

19 Likes

The same thing we did to previous generations with toll lines for celebrity messages, just with more customization.

1 Like

I’m 35 and i’ve never cared for gossip and drama so i can’t see even my younger self relate to any of this. It’s tabloid-y BS kind of drama i have no headspace for. If BB wants to post about it sure i guess but i have nothing to say about it beyond a “who cares?”

3 Likes

I can see it now. @beschizza posing with his mechanical keyboards.

6 Likes

‘Terrifying Elf’ is a niche market tho.

7 Likes

good thing we got to the bottom of this

2 Likes

And now he’s reduced to selling seashells by the seashore.

5 Likes

I’m not saying you’re hip and cool for not caring, but I am saying that caring would disqualify you as either hip and/or cool

5 Likes