Disgraced televangelist Jim Bakker now selling potato soup buckets on TV

I love the rapture preppers… they make no sense!
If the rapture comes they’ll be swept up and won’t need food! Unless they’re prepping for the tribulations? But thats supposed to be 7 years, and preppers don’t usually have more than 12months supply on hand. What happens after 12 months? Its a rabbit hole I’ve fallen down more than once!

5 Likes

The details of the rapture indicate that the dead will be taken into Heaven first, which, one imagines, would take a few days before they got around to those who were Believers at The Time. So, why take chances?

That day is bound to be a bureaucratic nightmare for Saint Peter anyway, (no matter how much omniscience you have, you can’t foresee all the things that can go wrong) why make it harder on him? Just wait your turn, brethren, we’ll all get there.

2 Likes

If only some of the gullible old people this motherfucker convinced to “donate” their social security checks had had some of these buckets back in the day–they might not have ended up eating dog food. Nice to see he’s still playing on people’s fears. You know, I wish there really was a hell so this lying, cheating, hypocritical sociopath could burn in it.

1 Like

There’s always Puddi. For very loose definitions of ‘culinary’.

8 Likes

i do laugh at preppers, but i don’t laugh at power outages, dry wells, no gas, or just plain forgetting to go to the store :smiley:

but the only thing i will need a bucket of is some kind of hot sauce. sriracha in a pinch, daves and tapatio are fine, cholula is mighty tasty, but give me a bucket of dried chilis and some vinegar and i’m fine.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Tammy Faye was speaking up for people with AIDS in the 80s, when many people wouldn’t even say AIDS or touch those were were ill. Her ex-husband continues to be a piece of shit, but she was a caring person, and lived her Christian values by genuinely loving people of all kinds.

10 Likes

I do love that gif.

1 Like

Surely, though, God will provide for catering during the interval? Maybe some water-into-potato-soup? Some macaroni-from-heaven? Buying this shit seems a complete waste–I mean… what kind of rapture can it possibly be if they don’t at least serve freaking donuts and coffee???

Meh, screw it. I think I’ll see what the other side’s serving. If nothing else, their parties “while the world’s coming apart” have GOT to be more lively than standing around watching Jim Bakker choke on soup. (Amusing as that might be).

5 Likes

GOD WILL BE INCREDIBLY BUSY THOSE DAYS! He has no time to give you soup! Take care of yourselves, people!

4 Likes

Sillies. We’re already here!

3 Likes

Wouldn’t starving to death be a good way to jump ahead in line, though?

4 Likes

Essentially killing yourself? That’s on the top ten list.

You’ve already come so far, why take the chance on not getting in now. And all you do is skip the line of people who are alive anyway, which is pretty short in comparison.

3 Likes

The only thing that would top this, is if he had his old Federal cellmate on the show with him. Or maybe he has?

2 Likes

If not buying a bucket of soup is the same as willful suicide, that would mean that god supports the individual mandate! Thanks, Obama!

3 Likes

[quote=“HMSGoose, post:35, topic:63699”]
a bucket of soup
[/quote]This does not add to the appeal of eating this product in any manner.

2 Likes

It takes a lot of hot sauce to cover up the taste of long pork.

5 Likes

A fitting end to a despicable person.

Would you prefer some freeze dried chicken?

Should it ever come to death or eating freeze dried chicken that has been canned, I’ll have some tough choices that day.

2 Likes