Disgusting Food Museum coming to Los Angeles

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/04/disgusting-food-museum-coming.html

3 Likes

I thought they already had Arby’s in LA?

14 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

Huh. I thought that casu marzu and similar maggot-decomposed cheeses were illegal even in the EU. I wonder how they managed to get it and serve it in the US.

4 Likes

Disgusting Food Museum coming to Los Angeles

Los Angeles doesn’t need a second one…

For a second there I thought that was a callback to Harlow’s monkey experiments – the sort of sophisticated reference that would appeal to consumers of Real English Wine, perhaps.
index

4 Likes

Face it, all food is disgusting-- we chew it up and get saliva all over it, and it only get’s worse from there.

5 Likes

Well who wouldn’t go for a cool, refreshing glass of mouse wine?

1 Like

Or fascinating, from scientific perspective. Especially because both source of food and person consuming it are extremely complex, emergent phenomena.

It pairs nicely with the maggot cheese. I was relieved that a very fancy wedding I went to on Sardinia some years back wasn’t quite that traditional.

2 Likes

This would be the “only gets worse from there” part I was alluding to. Usually takes place in the bathroom.

1 Like

You go on in. I’ll just wait by the food truck across the street.

this occurred to me–

4 Likes

This is a classic.

1 Like

Well… That’s entirely different perspective :slight_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.