Disinformation spreading Florida councilperson hospitalized with COVID-19

Originally published at: Disinformation spreading Florida councilperson hospitalized with COVID-19 | Boing Boing

6 Likes

The disease is both a bioweapon and a hoax. A harmless killer. A media fabrication that can be treated with hydroxychloroqine, which the media refuses to report. It’s Schrödinger’s virus.

59 Likes

Yes. But one with an unfortunately high risk of killing the cat.

29 Likes

And the neighbor’s cat.

26 Likes

If this makes even one of his followers to get the jabs and start wearing a mask, it’ll be worth it even if he dies or is permanently debilitated.

As for this covidiot, he gets my thoughtsnprayers, which considering my atheism is all he deserves.

24 Likes

Mean Girls Whatever GIF

34 Likes

“This is all misinformation, I simply have that super contagious double pneumonia that’s going around, and then the hospital tried to silence me by putting me on a ventilator!”

26 Likes

Did he try the horse paste yet?

9 Likes

And the neighbor.

12 Likes

I especially like the implication that regardless of the amount of mana you tap to play this, there’s still zero expected result.

39 Likes

Heh heh heh. . . .

16 Likes

Who could have predicted this outcome? Only god, I guess.

5 Likes

The enemy is both strong and weak. “By a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.”

17 Likes

I do not wish suffering or sickness on anyone.

Having said that, looks like this guy’s ignorant anti-vaxx/anti-science worldview is getting shut down by a virus that he still denies is real.

Nature is removing the stupid from our species, it appears.

#NeverVoteRepublican

13 Likes

I will now work very hard at mentally disassociating Lowry from floofy kitties. :wink:

5 Likes

Given how “thoughts and prayers” are often deployed it seems like this card should also have an interrupt effect against instants that would have some effect, like a smarmier variant of counterspell.

3 Likes

This is factchecking {puts on shades} gone viral.

Seriously though, if the people you trust for medical advice keep getting severely ill or even dying and the people you distrust seem to be doing ok, then maybe it’s time to reconsider your sources…

22 Likes

Hey republicans and right-wingers, remember when you hate filled assholes used to say AIDS was gods way of killing off us gays? Remember how you chuckled when ronnie regan refused to support funding into research and treatment for a disease that affected everybody. Remember throwing out your own family because we were gay and god hated us. We remember! Now despite a simple preventative you don’t have the ability to even love yourselves or your family enough to try to stay alive. Many of us don’t even believe in your skyguy, we sure as hell don’t think he’s trying to kill you. We just think you’re pathetically blinded by hate and stupidity and the only one trying to kill you off are your own poisonous thoughts. Good luck with your religion and hate, a mask and a shot are more effective though.

36 Likes

I was informed yesterday that the death of Kary Mullis at 74, inventor of PCR, in 2019, was suspicious, as back in 1997 he hadn’t thought PCR would be useful in virus detection. Fauci was behind it all, apparently. I asked why the 80 year old Fauci would be developing a virus that tended to kill the elderly, when he had access to samples of the H1N1 flu that preferentially attacked young healthy people. I was also informed google won’t help in getting information, as it only gave results They wanted you to see.

9 Likes

Apparently the flaw in Idiocracy’s central thesis is a disease that kills more of the stupid…

3 Likes