Examples of right-wing propaganda posing as news

It’s worthwhile to see some of the disinformation being fed by the right to a willing segment of the nation. While I often feel perplexed at how some people could be so stupid, its explained when you see how the lies are being packaged and sold.

Please share what you find or crosses your path.

Isn’t there already a New York Times topic?

7 Likes

You first, my dude.

1 Like

Today I inexplicably received this promo for a paid newsletter in the in-box of a little used email address. Some of the lies posing as headlines here

Half of NY COVID-19 Hospitalizations Not Due to COVID-19

Walmart to Cut Paid Sick Leave in Half For Workers Per CDC Guidance

Occam’s Razor and My Hunch about Jan. 6

What Makes Some People More Vulnerable to Covid-19

Dr. Peter McCullough on Omicron Realities and VAERS Reports on Vaccine Injuries and Deaths

at the bottom of the newsletter they offer:

We are free from the influence of any government, corporation or political party—this is what makes us different from other media organizations. Our goal is to bring readers accurate information so they can form their own opinions about the most significant topics of our time.

Insidious propaganda posing as journalism - lending plausibility to ridiculous lies.

Do you have to be stupid to fall for this? Well, … yes. Feeding lies with a posture of authenticity allows one to placate their doubts and reward your biases. It takes little work to determine their sources are bogus or none, and that true journalists and fact checkers elsewhere have already debunked these stories. You do have to be stupid to allow your self to be patronized into a false reality.

2 Likes

So this is in support of an oft floated theory that the reason Covid statistics are so high is because cases are delibertely mis-assigned to Cover to make the numbers look worse.

Here Walmarts cost cutting measure to reduce sick-leave support to employees in the midst of a spike in the pandemic is sold as justified by the CDC’s admittedly unwise reduction of covid related lead times.

I can only imagine the hunches here.

I could not bear to read this one.

Foating more vaccine scare stories.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.