Disney+ adds Navajo language dubbing to STAR WARS

Originally published at: Disney+ adds Navajo language dubbing to STAR WARS | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Who is Robert Ebert and why does his link go to Roger Ebert’s website?

4 Likes

Nizhóní

1 Like

These aren’t the short metal things that are alive you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Damn I wish my clumsy fingers had typed Robert Eger and really went all the way with the Mandella Effect.

3 Likes

This is pretty fucking cool

I only remember a couple Potawatomi words… my distant cousin is actually the language director for the tribe. They have an online self directing course for kids I am trying to get my kid to take for a language credit. She already takes latin for fun.

5 Likes

Do they have separate categories for Extra, Omake and Lagniappe?

1 Like

I was surprised that there isn’t a Navajo equivalent for, “Your Highness”.

I wonder if they’ll ever release a dub in Kalenjin or Kikuyu. Apparently the Kenyan movie audiences really went nuts to hear Nein Nunb speak their native language in ROTJ, but that was just a few lines.

Do they send over a GI to shoot the TV if it’s in danger of capture by the enemy?

“The Thousand-Year Falcon” does sound like it could be some kind of Navajo spirit deity.

2 Likes

This is interesting, C-3PO was originally a very foppish English (not British) effeminate male voice/accent a signifier of a subservience to the upper classes. Dick Van Dyke’s ridiculous accent was neither a man nor a child’s, alwatst a ‘chim chiminy’ removed from any reality.

The camp in C-3PO is strong and transcends the genre and the cultural source far, far away…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.