Disney reinstates mask mandate, vaccinated or not

Originally published at: Disney reinstates mask mandate, vaccinated or not | Boing Boing

8 Likes

DeSantis might be able to overturn them because of various loopholes Walt himself pushed for decades ago that classified the park as it’s own city

4 Likes

The Delta Variant ride is a huge hit.

8 Likes

Trying to go toe-to-toe with an organization as powerful as Disney could be political suicide for
DeSantis.
C’mon Gov, tell The Mouse House what to do. I dare ya!

16 Likes

This pandemic is lasting way too long after a vaccine became available. My work just reinstated a mask mandate (starting tomorrow) for vaccinated people*, and I’m leaving for Florida tomorrow afternoon, where the governor actively works against the interests of his constituents.

eta: *a covid vaccine requirement was put in place with the same announcement

8 Likes

I though on Samuel L. Jackson on Pulp Fiction on Mickey Mouse voice… Alright… I’m too much on Internet!

1 Like

Variants are all the rage these days.

3 Likes

He totally would just to win over conservatives by taking on “woke Disney”

3 Likes

Good. And fuck DeSantis.

5 Likes

Yeah, my work never changed their PPE policy. I have been double-masking, goggles and scrubs every day for 18 months now. I think I may never go back.

7 Likes

@docosc
I think I may never go back.

Does that mean you will continue with the PPE policy when on site or you will continue to remote work (if able)?

Remote work was never an option for me. I’m a pediatrician, never figured a way to take care of kids long distance. But I have been healthier this past year than ever, even being exposed to covid on a daily basis for a good chunk of it. I like being healthy.

13 Likes

For us, the mask mandate remained for all healthcare workers, but researchers enjoyed a few weeks without a mask requirement. It was almost enough to let me forget how badly the country has handled the pandemic and think that it’s almost over.

But its a small world, after all. Despite having near universal vaccination for med center workers, we’re surrounded by under-vaccinated areas and there is no way to prevent further spread without the ppe.

9 Likes

But its a small world, after all.

I see what you did there. And earworm in 3…2…1…

3 Likes

I have a trip planned for Disney World right after Labor Day. This is making me reconsider… Sounds miserable.

Wearing a mask on an amusement park ride is still a lot less miserable than wearing a respirator in an intensive care unit.

10 Likes

DEATH MATCH 2021! (brought to you by ESPN on ABC)
tonight in the dome we have heavyweights "Mo"Ron DeathSantis vs. the Frozen Head of Walt Disney! let’s go ringside with our colleague (and boss), Mike Eisner…
Mike?
M.E., thank you. the big money’s on Ron tonight, after his TKO against Norwegian Cruise Lines and CDC, but don’t count the old, cold head out just yet. I predict this will go to the final bell and, Dave, I predict the winner will be the super heavy-hitting Diz to come out on top with a finishing blow that could topple DeathSantis and his bid for the title. back to you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.