Disney+'s space people with ambiguous helmet rules go on another cameo-laden fetch quest

Originally published at: Disney+'s space people with ambiguous helmet rules go on another cameo-laden fetch quest | Boing Boing

2 Likes

What I learned from this episode:

Spoiler

The property of Dark Saber Ownership by Combat is transitive.

14 Likes

What I realized this episode is that this series target audience is children under 12 and drunk trufans. Almost unwatchable.

4 Likes

Stop trying to make “fetch quest” happen!

12 Likes

I didn’t realize until Katee Sackhoff showed up in person as Bo-Katan (and I looked her up on IMDB) that she voiced the character in Clone Wars and Rebels. Definitely not a cameo for her.

This week’s cameo was equal parts celebrity superfan and the right person for the job, IMO. So, so much kid-oriented work in the last decade, including young adult. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I liked the part where baby Yoda went bowling with Ringo Starr. Hell of a bowler!

10 Likes

4 Likes

Canon. One n. Good points.

3 Likes

Question beneath spoiler:

Is the older unhelmeted space gentleman the first crossover star between Trek and Wars?

By the way, if you are into ambiguously helmeted space people, and you aren’t caught up with the most recent episode, why on earth would you be reading these comments?

1 Like

No:
https://screenrant.com/star-trek-star-wars-actors/

3 Likes

The cameos pulled me way out of the story but I was charmed by the episode anyway, maybe the cameos helped me not take it all so seriously.

Sometimes I feel like I’m asking too much when I think about what other series may have “did it better”, but then I think this is Disney and Star Wars and they should be able to produce top notch mind blowing work.

One absolute star of the series is the Stagecraft, most of it looks stunning and they just get better and better at it. I need to rewatch the ep but I think Lizzo’s glowing cape was even a live projection.

7 Likes

I remember all the speculation about this when the episode in question aired. It’s cool to see fan theories being vindicated.

2 Likes

You should consider watching the first season’s Gallery episodes. It’s all about the sausage making. I found it to be fascinating, but the older I get, the more the behind-the-camera film making interests me. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Honestly, that’s one of the things that makes it more believable to me.

Look at those people who refuse to eat beef/pork/chicken. That’s just peculiar. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m only allowed to eat fish today. Those people pray to icons? Wierdos. They should be praying facing east instead. Horse meat? Dog meat? Ew. Pass me more oysters and escargot.

Helmeted space people are people too.

Now ask me about single-biome planets.

6 Likes

… at least on Farscape, where every planet they landed on looked like a tropical beach, it was plausible that the characters were deliberately looking for tropical beaches to land on :thinking:

5 Likes

The Covered Heads vs the Laser Sword lovers

6 Likes

Liberal Laser Sword Lovers, or Orthodox Laser Sword Lovers?

8 Likes

A blood drinking, flesh eating, reincarnated savior worshiping friend of mine once tried to tell me how crazy scientology is.

6 Likes

The weird cultists are apparently hung up on the wrong Mandalorian hang-up! The “not weird” cultists think it is weird to care about A, but are totally beholden to B.

6 Likes

This one felt very video gamey - but I had fun.

Cool to see the Quarren/Mon Calamari animosity mentioned in the EU on screen,

2 Likes