Disney v. Gilead

I guess I’m not the only one

14 Likes

Oh my. I totally did not get this part of the whole thing. That’s just amazing.

Disney staked its claim to the Magic Kingdom on a LITERAL PRINCESS, since the youngest of Charles’s descendants born at the time of this Declaration is Harry and Meghan’s daughter Princess Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor, the only member of the British Royal Family born in America.

That’s fucking awesome.

17 Likes

And at which point in the movie is DeSantis going to turn from a hideous monster into a handsome prince?

6 Likes

Perhaps he will fall off Space Mountain instead?

7 Likes

I hadn’t twigged that she was born in USA. There’ll have been some diplomatic wrangling over whether it was appropriate or not for her to be a (joint) US-citizen by birth on US soil.

She is a joint citizen. Likely not a major argument since her parents have resigned from royal duties.

4 Likes

So she could run for President in 2056?

9 Likes

I’m thinking more on these lines

3 Likes

Disney is suing deSantis.

PRAYER FOR RELIEF
Plaintiff respectfully requests that this Court grant the following relief:

A. Declare that the Legislative Declaration is unlawful and unenforceable because it abrogates Disney’s rights in violation of the Contracts Clause;
B. Declare that the Legislative Declaration is an unlawful taking of Disney’s property rights without payment of just compensation in violation of the Takings Clause;
C. Declare that the Legislative Declaration is unlawful and unenforceable because it was an arbitrary and irrational voiding of the Development Agreement and Restrictive Covenants in violation of the Due Process Clause;
D. Declare that the Legislative Declaration is unlawful and unenforceable because it was enacted in retaliation for Disney’s speech in violation of the First Amendment;
E. Declare that the Contracts remain in effect and enforceable;
F. Declare that Senate Bill 4C and House Bill 9B are unlawful and
unenforceable because they were enacted in retaliation for Disney’s political speech in violation of the First Amendment;
G. Issue an order enjoining Defendants from enforcing the Legislative Declaration;
H. Issue an order enjoining Defendants from enforcing Senate Bill 4C and House Bill 9B;
I. Award Plaintiff its attorney’s fees and costs; and
J. Grant such other relief as this Court may deem just and proper.

7 Likes

You don’t mess with the mouse!

4 Likes
7 Likes

Overall this is good news, as quite a few Imagineering folks were either reluctant or entirely unwilling to make the move to FL even before the hateful legislation and the fight with the governor. But man, what a major disruption to the whole Imagineering division for nothing. Lots of prominent, long-time Imagineers took early retirements or left for other jobs rather than agree to the relocation, so that’s talent and institutional knowledge that they’ve probably lost forever. And some other folks already moved out there. What a mess.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.