Disney's Hocus Pocus 2 will "unleash hell on your kids," says stable genius Texas mom

Originally published at: Disney's Hocus Pocus 2 will "unleash hell on your kids," says stable genius Texas mom | Boing Boing

5 Likes

12 Likes

But the original film is still fine, right?

hocus-pocus

17 Likes

Fuck yeah! HAIL SATAN!!!

13 Likes

Even the devil wouldn’t be this big a killjoy.

20 Likes

Is this not satire? I swear I saw this woman’s full post and it had to be satire.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/i/status/1578091304373714947 NM someone satirizing this lady…

2 Likes

“I believe whatever comes in our TV screens”

Yeah, that’s your first problem.

12 Likes

I don’t know which to make fun of… the cheap knock-off of a less than memorable movie or the thoughtless Christian parent.

Black And White Halloween GIF

5 Likes

Obligs:

9 Likes

When I was growing up in a conservative fundamentalist family, it was people like this lady who believed in real witchcraft that creeped me out the most. They’re like Chick Tracts in human form. All paranoia and babbling and dire bullshit and it inevitably meant you were going to be subjected to something boring, like Halloween is canceled and you have to do a square dance party instead because Jesus apparently likes a nice do-si-do and other Boomer childhood activities.

18 Likes

The plan is finally coming together…

9 Likes

7 Likes

Well that does now explain why I started a life of crime and making meth in an RV after watching Breaking Bad. Damn TV.

11 Likes

Once you believe in one form of magic, why not all the rest?

As Carl Sagan said, science is the candle in the darkness. The subtext point is that everything else is the same darkness. When you have incorrect criteria for discerning real from fantasy, all fantasy becomes real to you.

It’s easy to laugh at this woman, but what she’s doing is what most people do about most things and all people do about some things. People who believe in Bigfoot also think aliens are abducting us and vaccines cause autism. People who believe in astrology also believe crystals have powers and water has magic memory of what has touched it. People who think the earth is flat also believe the Democratic Party was selling children in the basement of a pizza restaurant. People who believe in ghosts also think GMO food is dangerous and that the 2020 election was stolen.

It’s all the same darkness.

11 Likes

Clearly she has not met my kids, they are usually the ones unleashing hell on the world, not the other way around.

4 Likes

possibly obligatory in a breaking the fourth wall context , relevant section starts around 1:35 , but the lead up is also well worthwhile
Don't Crush that Dwarf, Hand me the Pliers. PT 2 - YouTube , as is the following sketch

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.