Dispute over salsa and chips erupts into chair throwing brawl erupts at Texas restaurant

I like Taco Deli, and it’s right by where I work, but the lunch lines are daunting and they close at like 3 PM.

2 Likes

Yeah, my office is on 360 near the river. There’s one not too far up the 360, but the lines are completely insane. Even ordering pickup takes a while. The one on MoPac near Duval’s not as bad, though still busy. There used to be a Curra’s around the corner from my house, I loved that place so.

1 Like

So much passionate ignorance all around, this sort of thing always makes me feel kinda nervous about being out in public…

5 Likes

Yes. Introverts unite!

Wait…

21 Likes

Just as long as I don’t have to go outside. It’s fine here, away from people, thanks.

13 Likes

Maybe it was a chip and salsa eruption that caused the brawl to erupt

5 Likes

It’s eruptions, all the way down.

14 Likes

A brawl erupts over chips and salsa?

You can’t Vesuvius!

ETA - ooops didn’t mean to reply directly to you. Sorry.

9 Likes

If it was about double dipping I actually don’t blame them

5 Likes

It’s Texas… surprised no one had a gun and started shooting.

Go ahead. Make my day.

11 Likes

I think if you saw the neighborhood this went down in you might be less worried, it’s probably not the sort of place you’d ever choose to visit. Unless you like going to cheap hole in the wall mexican places in bad parts of Dallas, in which case don’t go out.

Well, actually, yes, I do …

Oh. Gods no, never mind. Carry on.

3 Likes

Dallas is a city I only go to when work requires it or I happen to be passing through it. But if you enjoy great hole-in-the-wall Mexican places, La Casita on W Anderson has a great breakfast menu.

1 Like

I really didn’t expect those guys to be driving a Polaris Slingshot.

Unable to comment on the video as I don’t have a FB account so am prevented from seeing it.

Good ol’ walled gardens doing their part in sharing ignorance.

I like visiting Dallas to go birding - it’s better than Austin on that front, but the people ruin it.

1 Like

Ahh, that takes me back… I used to live on the other side of Burnet Rd from Fonda San Miguel. But my favorite sit-down place in Austin was El Azteca on East 7th (the chipotle sauce, or the mole sauce…).

For tacos, it was the Tamale House on Airport Blvd. but they closed.

(ETA: good fajitas @ Enchiladas y Mas on W. Anderson, but I haven’t been in many years. I remember going to a Curra’s when it opened on Burnet; I liked going for breakfast. I don’t remember it being there on my recent trips back. I love Torchys but I usually go in the DFW area, where my parents live.)

On a recent visit back to Austin I tried Polvo’s; I’d never been there when I lived in town but now I wish I had.

Came for this.

5 Likes

Didn’t know about the birding. For me, Dallas’s redeeming features were that, unlike Austin at the time, they had Ethiopian restaurants & groceries (but it’s a moot point as we now live near D.C. where there are probably 18 brands of packaged injera); they also have Dennis Gonzalez (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_González).

2 Likes