Dispute over salsa and chips erupts into chair throwing brawl erupts at Texas restaurant

I think that there are enough Texans on this thread for a first rate chair fight.

1 Like

Boy, threatening muscley guy canā€™t get out of the way of a fist fast enough can he. Or, well, I guess he pretty much did.
Thatā€™ll be his legacy. On his headstone it will say; ā€œBack up quick and throw a napkin dispenser.ā€

The first part of your sentence describes my experience with it, as well.

I came onto BB, right to this thread, only to find out I had to wait 2 minutes before liking anything. Assume Iā€™m tossing the :two_hearts::revolving_hearts::heartbeat::heartpulse::sparkling_heart::heart_decoration: left and right.

4 Likes

El Azteca - oh yeah. That place was so good. They had the best Chicken Mole.

2 Likes

Rio Verde on Lake June RD has the best real tacos in DFW IMO. The best salsa can be found at El Corazon de Tejas down in Oak Cliff on Davis. Best mexican food in general is La Calle Doce on 12th also Oak Cliff. Try the ā€˜fonduā€™.

2 Likes

Itā€™s probably better within a couple of days (if that), but it will last longer than that in the fridge. It will also dry out in there; microwaving a whole piece of it at a time (for 1 min.) rejuvenates it pretty well. (More than 2 days outside the fridge, though, and youā€™re just growing mold. Sometimes even inside the fridge.)

On a side note, for any gluten-liberationist types: Iā€™ve seen injera touted as ā€œgluten freeā€ (not by Ethiopians) because itā€™s made from teff. What you get in the U.S., though, is almost invariably cut with wheat and/or barley flour.

Youā€™ve scared me there, with the past tense.

Judging from Yelp reviews (thereā€™s one from a month ago) they are still open, no? Agreed on the Chicken Mole, but my friend and I used to get the puerco chipotle (or the enchiladas), then go back to work like weā€™d eaten the Guatemalan insanity pepper from The Simpsons. (He ate somewhere on South 1st where the chipotle was hotterā€™n that)

1 Like

I think I know where to go to sell black shirts.

sorryā€¦I meant was in the past tense for me since I moved away in 1985. I had lunch there in 1992. My folks live in Ft. Worth so I get there every now and then. Joe Tā€™s and The Original. Started going to Joe Tā€™s in 1973. You had to go through a small door through the kitchen to get to the tables.

1 Like

That still sounds odd because Firefox and Chrome are the two browsers thatā€™s recommended. I use Chrome, but maybe you need a plug-in for Firefox? Maybe @codinghorror could offer assistance?

If youā€™re over by Love Field there is a Fuzzyā€™s Taco right there at Lemon and Mockingbird, and if youā€™re headed all the way to the Arboretum, then why not stop at Tacos y Mas or El Come Taco?

1 Like

I only visit Dallas once in a while, so I donā€™t know the taco topography all that well. Good to hear about other places that are good, since Iā€™ll be back.

These chair throwers must have read that active shooter thing.

7 Likes

How did nobody have a gun?

4 Likes

Thanx for clarifying! You had me worried thereā€¦

Iā€™d never gone to Joe T.'s until about a year ago.

Maybe no one wanted to risk ending up in prison for using one.

So you mean the DRD Department?

3 Likes

I like the one fellowā€™s excellent design taste, stylishly defending himself with an Eames Molded Plastic Chair.

3 Likes

Or worse: Having their gun TAKEN AWAY!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.