Disquieting footage of distant howling

Same “vibe” as you get watching “The Witch.”

1 Like

It’s what I imagine the Hulk sounds like at a good distance when he yells.

And I’m with Dug up thread. Fuck all if I want to spend the night in the woods without a huge fire and some X-File level flashlights. I always feel like something is there watching me.

Agree. If that howl-moan sound were a color it would be pale gray with a streak of blood red.

The feeling i get from that sound matches the feeling from that film; you nailed it.

Thanks, ggeeesh, now i need a puppy to hold while happy people do normal things nearby fairly loudly. No goats.

2 Likes

Yep. Sounds like rutting deer, to me. I’ve heard that same sound a few times over the years when visiting my transplanted NYer folks in south-east Pennsylvania. The deer there – very bold – come right up to the homes in their area. A couple of years back, my mom had a “run-in” with a buck in her back yard. The buck saw her and stomped its feet at her. She stomped back at it! (She grew up with six brothers, so her tomboyish side pops out every now and then.)

4 Likes

Based on this I’d say this could be the culprit (also; holy crap). Though the sound in the recording does seem partly higher-pitched, which sounds like it’s from a smaller beast, like a wolf? Moose with a cold?

1 Like

The Vixens Scream? What DOES the fox say?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.