Distracted by his cellphone, a man falls into a hole only to be saved by sheer luck

Originally published at: Distracted by his cellphone, a man falls into a hole only to be saved by sheer luck | Boing Boing

4 Likes
  1. Why the hell wasn’t the guy at the hole making sure anyone approaching saw it?

2. This is why you need safety measures around your trap doors.

21 Likes

Yeah, just peculiar the whole area isnt partitioned off.

But, why is redshirt looking up? Is there a hole above him? Is it holes all the way up?

Hopefully, with the implication that “most countries” are negligent? A mall should not require the quick reflexes of an Indiana Jones raiding a trap-filled tomb.

8 Likes

Ouch. Kind of bounced off the edge the hole going down, there. (And what happened to his phone? It went down the hole with him, but in the view from down below, the phone isn’t in evidence, but you can see the plastic boxes[?] he slipped on come down with him.)

Most countries just rely on people looking where they’re going, in my experience.

2 Likes

17 Likes

That feeling when you drop an important call…

8 Likes

Hopefully, with the implication that most countries are derelict?

2 Likes
5 Likes

I, for one, applaud the stunt work in this viral video. :+1:

5 Likes

Gee, I hope the phone is OK.

2 Likes

More relevant to this discussion would be a discussion of plot holes, amiright?

6 Likes

Jackie Chan at his finest.

1 Like

I had a cartoon in mind that went like this:

How the Emperor could afford two Death Stars:

Shows troopeer falling to death due to lack of rails.

Palpatine holding insurance policy for Trooper #TK8407

“Good…gooood…”

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to enter a room like this, but now I’m too old for such shenanigans.

3 Likes

so… is this a tragedy or a comedy…

mel brooks GIF

Lol why is the emphasis on “distracted cell phone user” and not the gaping hole in the ground

Probably because the hole has no means to avoid the cellphone user? :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.