DIY BBQ: Homemade waterwheel rotisserie and a filing cabinet oven

Originally published at: DIY BBQ: Homemade waterwheel rotisserie and a filing cabinet oven | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Best use of a “filing cabinet” ever.

8 Likes

Real cooks own a turnspit dog.

2 Likes

I think a lot of charcoal loyalists would say it’s the best use of a propane tank as well.

4 Likes

Not the filing cabinet… NOT THE FILING CABINET!!!

Part of me is stupendously impressed, and a tiny part of me is “If he’d only cover that filing cabinet with mylar and styro…”

use an old fire safe- it’s heavily insulated. (but also weighs an imperial f^&k-tonne)

1 Like

I don’t want to be that guy, but I do want to live next door to that guy.

7 Likes

This must be related to that British “BBQ” that I keep hearing about. A misnomer if there ever was one. This is grilling, not BBQ.

The only thing grilling in that video was possibly the chicken wings.

2 Likes

I can almost smell the aroma of grilled meats with baked vegetables and enamel from here.

2 Likes

You can call it what you like. Where that bloke comes from (i.e. here) this is barbecueing.

(“Broiling”, my arse - that’s grilling.) :wink:

I was taught that the point of filing was not to put things away (in an orderly manner) but to be able to get them back out when you needed them!

I think this case demonstrates it well.

2 Likes

everyone talking about the filing cabinet, but that guy powered a spit capable of constantly rotating many kilos of meat from a little aquarium pump. Love.

1 Like

I once knew someone who powered an outdoor two hog spit (scaffolding pole) with an old washing machine motor geared down to rotate slowly. It was a thing of engineered beauty. The pork tasted mighty fine some 10 hours later, too.

2 Likes

But can you set it and forget it?

I’m confused. The top part of this gent has an English accent while the bottom half is wearing short pants?!

If it’s August and not snowing, it’s time for shorts (unless you’re in Newcastle where no one ever even wears a coat).

1 Like

I’ve hears Al Murray call them the “shorts of hope” :grinning:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.