DIY Underlit LED Skirt

Except the safety aspect has been specifically addressed in the design:

I’ve heard that exposing that type of battery to low pressure as in a cargo hold of an aeroplane can be quite explosive but that goes for every type of Li cell so far as I’m aware… Pack it as carry-on luggage?

I mean, we’re really stretching to find a safety issue if that’s the failure case.

#onTopic #youveBeenWarned #falcorAintPlayinAround #dontFuckUpAnAwesomeThread

4 Likes

An led lighted hemline shouts to drivers at night. “HEY.! WATCH WHERE YOU’RE DRIVING.” So, big safety advantages,

5 Likes

Thank you for coming here and talking.

I am really curious about the QQ hardware chat circles you mentioned? I am a terrible hardware engineer, but from your description this could be what I need to go from terrible to not-so-terrible.

Regardless, cheers!

2 Likes

Also good for spotting obstacles on the ground before you trip on them. Win!

2 Likes

I feel like I’m missing out on so many of the amazing corners of the net because I don’t know Chinese. Though, the automatic translation features of Chrome are making it slightly easier to navigate the Chinese web, these days (which I learned after picking up a Lenovo phone that is primarily aimed at the Chinese market)

3 Likes

Aside from Li-Po issue?

Google Translate is really very good now. The only place it won’t work is forums where there is a lot of slang.

I read a lot of Russian forums via Translate, and the slang is hard for even my friends that are native speakers. Honestly, English slang is hard for a native speaker :smile:

2 Likes

I don’t really know much about how Westerner work. I guess could get a bunch together on Google Talk? I think part of this is why there are many Hardware Accelerators for Westerners in Shenzhen. You have to be pretty comfortable with say ‘I don’t know who knows?’ and not always want original creative answer.

1 Like

Just added these:

SexyCyborg’s Hikaru Skirt Tutorial:

SexyCyborg’s Hikaru Skirt Parts List:
http://pastebin.com/JbVPy5yM

6 Likes

I am a hobbyist. I want to make chocolate conching machines, and WiFi plant water monitors, and LED arrays for growing apples. Oh, and bakery sourdough pH monitoring probes :).

Nothing super important, but stuff that will take more than me to figure out.

1 Like

Are the LEDs detachable so that you can launder the skirt?

Are the LEDs detachable so that you can launder the skirt?

Not yet. Have to figure out next. Some women sent me some really clever idea though…

1 Like

Planning an underlit tweed waistcoat?

3 Likes

My wife is a costumist, mostly period stuff (looking for links). Elizabethan, renaissance, that sort of thing.

She always uses lots of pins (which is historical) or laces and eyes. I am looking for photos that just aren’t our closet… Stay tuned :smile:

This is old, but Heather (my better half) is pretty damn good.

9 Likes

There are some limits on new users, but it looks like you stuck around and read enough here on BBS to make it to trust level 1, well done :wink:

Oh god, that’s beautiful. Be sure to tell her she’s seriously impressed at least one internet-dude!

4 Likes

pretty damn good.

Pretty damm good? That insane. Imagine what those skill do with hardware…

If sewing clothing is Ruby. electronic should be like gem. Part of framework. All the hard stuff already done. Just let people like your beautiful wife be creative with tool already know. See something really amazing then.

1 Like

It’s pretty awful design. Enough hierarchy in world without coming up with stupid new ones.

1 Like