DJ pretends to arrive to Burning Man on a Popeyes jet

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/05/dj-pretends-to-arrive-to-burni.html

3 Likes

thumb_popeyes-chicken-is-the-shiznit-what-i-think-of-when-55138052

2 Likes

Burning Man?

12 Likes

How does a fast food chain “hear that someone wants to try their sandwich?” If you want a sandwich, buy a damn sandwich. You don’t need to issue a damn press release with a statement of intent.

Granted, there seem to be some people out there taking an even less productive approach.

https://m.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Popeyes-chicken-sandwich-gun-mob-14408492.php

7 Likes

10 Likes

I tweet at McDonald’s all the time asking them to send Grimace over with more cough syrup.

21 Likes

Be careful what you wish for…Grimace might bring his friend with him

18 Likes

Looking at the body language in that, I don’t know if Grimace would use the word “friend”.

6 Likes

This makes me think they’re pals, but it could just be Donald acting inappropriately.

11 Likes

Wait…that’s grimace he’s holding??? I thought it was something else.

3 Likes

Did he actually claim that he arrived on it? The caption indicates that Popeyes used the jet to deliver chicken to him… which is completely normal.

5 Likes

Sick Burn Bro

I wouldn’t have guessed that was supposed to be at Burning Man if the article hadn’t said so. That plane is parked on tarmac, not playa. There is no pavement at Burning Man.

5 Likes

Is there any instagram influencers who isn’t a dick? Asking for a mildly interested friend, who never got recommendations about possibly interesting Instagram accounts.

1 Like

grabbing him by the purple

3 Likes

Of course the irony is 40k “burners” returned to their six figure corporate jobs on monday morning.

1 Like

That look. Grimace was definitely just grabbed by the p*$$y.

Who exactly is mad at who on what basis here? There are a million stupid shitty “influencer” ads-that-aren’t-ads-but-are-totally-ads out there. What are the particular grounds here for the high dudgeon? That someone mentioned a consumer product in the same week they mentioned, or existed at, Burning Man?

I don’t begrudge BM (or in this case, people rushing to defend its honor) their lofty ideals, nor do I lose too much sleep over how well those ideals are embodied in what actually goes on there. But this kind of thing, and not cool art or trippy social experiments or casual nudity or transcendent communalism (etc. etc.), seems to be BM’s chief cultural export to the world of the normies lately. I’ve seen, what, a dozen mentions of Burning Man in my internet browsing over the last few days, and most of them are stuff like this. (By which I mean the how-dare-you immune response, not the Popeye’s ad, which I never would have seen otherwise.) Well, okay.

1 Like

2 Likes

Agreed; speaking as a muggle, this seems like more of a molehill than a mountain. Does Diplo have history with burning man?