Do other dogs sleep like this one does?

Originally published at: Do other dogs sleep like this one does? | Boing Boing

11 Likes

I would never have believed cats ever did this either until I saw it on YouTube. Or as it should be called, CatTube

12 Likes

I saw a human do this, once.

14 Likes

I used to have a pet that would sleep on my back.

16 Likes

Sure. Here’s our pet dog napping during the day. I’ve never seen our working dogs do it though. Then again, they aren’t allowed on the furniture, while the pet dog has this de facto bed.

Same dog, same bed, different day.

I think it might make her hip dysplasia feel better. Or maybe she just likes airing out her girly parts.

25 Likes

Our Lurcher (Airedale/Greyhound) frequently slept on her back, most often when she/the weather was warm. She’d occasionally stretch out one loooonnnngggg front leg for a little while, then retract it again.

It was always fun rubbing her belly when she’d wake up and stay in that position. She’d wave her curly stern back and forth while getting her belly and legs petted and patted, and I’d tell her she had such pretty pink-and-champagne underpants…

22 Likes

The position makes the doggo look like it’s got a stylin’ do.

PS: That’s one very serious looking collar for a pup. Is there something we don’t know about the pupper? :wink:

7 Likes

… once. :smirk::grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

My doggo did. Not all the time but yes

4 Likes

Wull… yeah.

4 Likes

Cats will sleep like that.

If kitty is feeling magnanimous, you can even pet their belly

15 Likes

My two kittens sure sleep this way. Here’s Pounce de Leon (light orange) and Cleocatra (grey) taking one of their naps

19 Likes

Maybe it’s a dachshund thing, a friend of mine had one who would sleep on his back. Mind you he also liked to use a towel as a blanket to cover himself up.

6 Likes

And snores like no tomorrow…

20 Likes

One of our labs sleeps on her back, feet straight up in the air

12 Likes

I have a 1 year old golden retriever who sleeps on his back, all four paws in the air.

8 Likes

Or trained since a tiny kitten. There are no floof traps in my house!

Long cat sleeps on his back all the time, but not always so splayed. More like pretzel.

19 Likes

Please do compliment Mr Longcat’s tailor next time you get a chance - that is one utterly marvellous silvery suit: stripes and spots!

15 Likes

Obligs

“It has been said that petting the tummy of a kitty is like frolicking in the back hair of an angel.”

8 Likes

He’s an F3 Savannah cat. Thus, the length, stripes, spots and huge unhingable jaw (not really, but it totally looks like it when he yawns).

9 Likes