Do you hate your job/life? Do you like cute Sanrio characters? I have the show for you

Aggretsuko on Netflix.

It stars Retsuko, a young 20 something red panda who works as an accountant. She has a literal pig for a boss, and copes with her job and life through death metal karaoke. Even if death metal isn’t your thing, you will like this. The songs are short and the lyrics are things like “You’re a shitty boss!” or “May lightning grant me vengeance! Strike my bosses golf club!”

I just binged the whole 10 short episodes and so should you. Ugh - if only it wasn’t TV-14 for the kiddo… maybe in a few years.

retsuko3

13 Likes

Been watching it–good stuff. Reminds me of “Detroit Metal City”. Similar gag, but overall different premise of the show.

Alas, DMC has a real band making their music, but it doesn’t seem so for Aggretsuko.

2 Likes

Already been binged! I have to say I loved the episodes with the out of pocket prince - he was so bland, and she just fell in love anyway… All so true!

aggresuko-headbanging

7 Likes

I am liking this show - good recommend!

3 Likes

(Half way through, and Retsuko’s friend Fenneko is my favourite. No spoilers.)

8 Likes

Found another source for this… OMG it is wonderful.

2 Likes

My favorite moment is when she is trying to teach the women that find out her karaoke secret how to sing metal.

5 Likes

There isn’t enough work for fennec foxes now a days.

9 Likes

Also… the yoga instructor cracked me up:

6 Likes

He’s like Hordor.

3 Likes

Sure there are, as a con artist!

2 Likes

Only less understandable. Although totes zen!

2 Likes

OK, two examples among how many anthropomorphic characters?

1 Like

SQUEEEEE111!!1

My son is obsessed with red foxes, but I’m slightly obsessed with fennecs. So. Damned. Cute.

5 Likes

I have a sorta ex who is a big red fox fan too. They are cute.

1 Like

@anon75430791 @Mindysan33 @Tamsin_Bailey @TobinL @emo_pinata @R.Birks @IronEdithKidd

I have no affiliation with this site, but it popped up on my FB feed and for the next 10 hrs it says this shirt is on sale for only 10 bucks and it glows in the dark. I think I am getting one. They have it in various styles if you want a hoodie or fitted shirt etc.

https://www.shirtpunch.com/current-mood

7 Likes

I like the angry red panda, but my experience with tees intended for sale in Asia is…poor. Size ‘small’ ‘women’s’ shirts fit 9 year old American girls. Maybe.

2 Likes

Appliqué it to a shirt of the correct size?

1 Like

I don’t hate my job or life, and I’m not a real metal fan, but this looks like it would appeal to me, so with this set of endorsements I shall give it a looksee! Thanks all!

5 Likes

They do have a sizing chart. I believe they are the standard size when I compared their XL with the Hanes XL. But I know what you mean about ordering from Asia and the sizing differences.

Hopefully when I get my shirt I won’t have to make a “What is this, a shirt for ants?” joke.

5 Likes