Do you have negative ESP?

My ESP powers continuously fluctuate between positive ESP and negative ESP, which, averaging over time, yields the illusion that I actually lack ESP altogether.

3 Likes

Getting rich is not so hard: you start with some hard work and useful accounting, and a business plan, then you take advantage of the desperation and programming society has built into the majority of the populace.

1 Like

This is me, every time.

I must have negative ESP. Or the RNGod has it in for me.

2 Likes

There was a girl in school who could sit at any desk in the computer lab, and computers which ran continuously throughout the day would start crashing around her.

Sure, it could be a “men who stare at goats” type situation…but somehow, I don’t think so.

3 Likes

Maybe just Born Under A Bad Sign?

3 Likes

In other words, random events can come out two ways. If you got it, you’re psi. If you didn’t, you’re psi missing.

Roger that. A complete circle of bullshit.

Kind of, yeah, but why the “just”? It’s not like measurable bad luck is a more scientifically palatable concept than miswired supernatural perception.

1 Like

No, probability would suggest that highly unlikely events are…highly unlikely. So you’d expect a lot of scores in the middle, and much fewer scores that are either very high or very low.

1 Like

I mean, I do think their consclusions are likely to be incorrect, but at least read the post before you get snarky. It’s only four sentences long. Blindly jumping on the bandwagon doesn’t make you look good, even if you happened to be right.

1 Like

I had no idea you were going to say that!

6 Likes

I don’t have to. Anything involving parapsychology is at this point presumed bullshit until proven otherwise, and the burden of proof, as Carl Sagan would put it, is extraordinary. Avoiding regression to the mean is a primary research strategy in this field.

Sure, but it still makes you look bad to accuse your opponent of saying things they didn’t actually say. And it just makes you look lazy when they have said plenty of highly refutable things which you didn’t bother to read, but despite your ignorance you still feel compelled to get your snark in like the cool kids.

1 Like

I was certain he wasn’t!

4 Likes

Wow! “Doogie Howser - The Laboratory Research Years”

Naw man, with him it’s the beta blockers. It has got to be.

3 Likes

Seriously. People keep saying stuff like “slow speaker” or “deliberate in his speech”. How does anyone buy that? He’s so obviously on beta blockers I want to take a nap every time he speaks.

3 Likes

In fact, given the universality of the normal distribution, a rectangular distribution would be evidence that something strange was going on.

I play “Destiny” on PS4, so yeah. I am one of Millions with shit luck.

1 Like

Nope, they are just describing “luck”

The experiment requires that you continue.
Although the shocks may be painful, there is no permanent tissue damage, so please go on.

1 Like