Do You Remember Haircut 100?

Haircut 100. Weren’t they so then?

8 Likes

I remember Love Plus One … But that’s about it.

4 Likes

maybe…

5 Likes

I’ve averaged one haircut about every two months throughout most of my life, so Haircut 100 would have been when I was about 17. Good times. Clinton was President, music still sounded like music, the Millennials were still just young kids, and all was right with the world.

7 Likes

Oh yea. I’d forgotten just how very 1980s they were.

Those are their other two singles that I remember.

Also, vaguely related- at work, I had to write a little program to calculate how much value some of the company’s assets had to be marked down by (a figure known as a “haircut”) . Naturally, I made sure that the code was configured in such a way that haircut_100 was a valid and logical variable name to use at one point.

7 Likes

The first time I heard Vampire Weekend I thought, “Oh good, the '00s have their very own Haircut 100”

I’m just going to leave this here. Because I want to.

10 Likes

I remember they performed (or pantomimed) “Favourite Shirts” on the show Laugh Trax. (Man, I loved that show.)

2 Likes

Ooo this is so on point and totally woke :eyes:

6 Likes

Hey I remember those guys! But I haven’t thought about them once in 30 years.

@critter Wasn’t Fun Boy Three one half of the English Beat? Or something?

2 Likes

The Specials.

4 Likes

I love this band unironically.

Feel the same way about Vampire Weekend. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

The phrase Vampire Weekend means something totally different than I thought it did.

I thought it was a weekend so wild and crazy that it doesn’t help you unwind, but drains your energy like a vampire. You’re actually looking forward to coming into the office at 7am on Monday so you can have some down time.

It turns out that it didn’t have that meaning. Until now.

7 Likes

I remember that song/video, for sure.

2 Likes

So, 80s. Much preppy. Such wow!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.